Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your spouse hoping for a promotion this year?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:32 AM
  • 79 Replies

Will this be the year your spouse is promoted?  Are you hoping he will be promoted this year?  Or maybe next year?  

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:33 AM

My husband is eligible for promotion to E-8, he *might* get it this year, but I doubt it.  He will have a much better chance of getting promoted next year in 2016.  

USAFamily
by Melissa on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
My DH tested for E-8 last month. The chances are slim he'll make it, and as he approaches retirement we worry less about promotion and more about post-military opportunities. If he made it it'd be great though ;)
mnkymommy08
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:25 AM
DH gets promoted next month. He's deployed so yet again, I won't be at his promotion ceremony. I've only been able to be at one (last year's). I'm very happy for him. He's worked really hard for it and put in a lot of extra time to get it. Since he is getting promoted when he gets home he will be going over to TRADOC as an AIT instructor. The cycles suck but he will be non-deployable (the only good thing about it).
UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:33 AM

He is allowed to take the E-7 exam this month, a year early for LDO opportunity. Honestly, he is doing it to see what's on the exam. His rate in the seabees has a very low promotion rate for Chief. A lot retire as E-6, which he is fine with. His command pushed his paperwork to test this year. He was going to wait till 2016, but the CMC here didn't really give him an option. Lol

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:50 AM

We can dream! The AF doesn't make it easy but I'm always hoping! It was a tough road for him to make tech (he doesn't test well at all and that's basically the key to promotion)so I don't have great hope but trying to be positive anyway. The pay bump would be amazing, especially since this temporary duty ends April 2016 and I'd love to be able to sock away more money into savings before our next PCS and with only 5 years until retirement every extra $ I can sock into savings is awesome.

mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:31 AM

He got promoted back in August, so I think promotion is off the table for awhile. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:35 AM
He said he just needs to make points for a promotion :/ he may be deploying soon so no idea what's going on, we've heard talk of a promotion for over a year lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:49 PM
DH has pretty much no chance for promotion to E7 this year. He has had other classes and courses that needed to be taken care of before the upcoming deployment.
libbybell
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:57 PM
He is hoping :)
cocoroo
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Nope.  He has atleast until 2017 until he will get his first look for E8.  😞

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)