• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Base housing complaints???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

The base we are stationed at has MAJOR housing problems. The privatized company barely takes care of any issues and especially the major ones. They have created an environment where the officer housing receives all of the care but the rest of us are shoved aside.

CoC's arent willing to help or take it high enough to the commander. The housing company deflects all issues instead of resolving them. They have a FB page but have made it so no one can post comments on it. So there is no way to voice our complaints so that they can truly be heard.

If we created a facebook page or group dedicated to posting the issues we've experienced, could we get in trouble for doing so?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:02 PM

what are you looking to gain from this page you want to create.

mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:40 PM

What are you hoping to accomplish? What issues aren't being resolved?

mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:45 PM

Adding on, If this is a multiple house issue get together write out a list of all known issues, and take it straight to the base CO. WITHOUT getting all crazy and emotional.

Keep it matter of fact and polite "My stove has been broken for 3 weeks, I called housing on these days, nothing has been done.  I'm hoping that you can help resolve this matter."

All of our A/C's are broken and housing has not done anything to fix this problem satisfactorily. Don't get all crazy demanding a refund on all rent you've paid or that they move you into officer housing. Keep it rational and appropriate.

If your A/C is broken it's appropriate to expect it to be fixed, it's NOT appropriate or rational to demand that they send you to DisneyWorld for a week while it's fixed or pay off your car. And I'm putting this in, because some people get all emotional over shit and start spouting off crazy ass demands and that makes people not want to help them.

sbranom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:48 PM

I agree with going to the base commander as long as you are rational and you aren't being overly dramatic.

TheRingmaster
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:39 AM
We are army but you take all housing complaints to the on post housing department. It is the military side. They are the ones who help you get off post housing.
There will be a commander available.
You also can complain to IG.
Because they are privatized they are subject to your states rules. You can complain to your local housing authority off base.
I've done this twice in 12 years. You will get results.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)