Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be Honest Ladies...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:44 AM
  • 24 Replies

Who here got married for the Tricare, BAH, and free travel? 

DH and I have a long standing joke that I married him for the dental insurance. I'm former AD and my medical was good through the VA, I know a rare non-complaint about VA care, but I wasn't covered for dental. So I found a service member and married him to get dental! 😜 

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piratepixie
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:57 AM
2 moms liked this

i married him because i loved him, the "benefits" are an added bonus. but honestly i probably wouldnt have married him if he didnt have those things. i spent all of my late teens and twenties without any medical or dental insurance. i couldnt afford it which lead to some not so great problems. i would not marry anyone who could not provide that for our children and i.

RKL10
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I was dating him before he joined so I guess I didn't marry him because of the benefits but he joined because of them as he couldn't afford health insurance.
cocoroo
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this

My dh and I were married for 2 1/2 years before he enlisted, so definitely not.  

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

mine was a cilivilan when we got married. I def didin't marry him for "benefits. But I did marry him for money LOL, we culd not get a VA loan using my income unless we were married. So we got married oct 2nd closed on the house on oct 8ths and have been married almost 16 years :)

mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Man if I did sign up for the free travel, I'd be demanding a refund! LOL.

penneylane
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I had universal healthcare before we got married  So I would say going down in medical care wasn't the reason for our marriage. He was just too darn cute back in the day I couldn't resist. ahahha 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:40 AM

Yeah....nope.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

The travel part is the one that makes me laugh. Since we got married our only travel has been home to see our families. I traveled WAY more before we married than I ever do now. After 8 years, this is the first year we are taking a real vacation that isn't to go see family and I STILL feel guilty about it!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:48 AM

LOL!  That's funny!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Man if I did sign up for the free travel, I'd be demanding a refund! LOL.

B1Bomber
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I tease him that I married him for the free health insurance ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)