Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Remember when.....

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:51 AM
  • 26 Replies

this group was really active?

when we used to form real life friendships?

when we used to have meaningful conversations and learn things about the military, duty stations, and life in general?

when the same 10 posts weren't on the front page for weeks on end?

when every post got atleast 20-50 replies?

when it was normal for some posts to get 200+ replies?

What do you think happened?  

I actually find I kind of sad.  Some of the women I met in this group I consider some of my best friends.  I highly doubt that happens anymore.  This group is nearly dead.  I definitely don't think the anon feature helps.  

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:35 AM
Yes, and I agree with you. I joined this group while my husband was deployed. Everyone was so helpful, and I consider many people my good friends now. It's sad this group isn't like that now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:42 AM
I came into the group after all of that. I did wonder how people have such high ranks, but don't post in here at all!
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

:-(

USAFamily
by Melissa on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:46 AM

I think the age of 'the chat room' or message boards is coming to an end. This group is targeted to such a specific group of people, that it will have the same questions asked all the time, and then the askers will leave. It's purely become an information forum. Not really one to connect. It just feels like the end of an era to me. 

USAFamily
by Melissa on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Lol, getting a 'new color' used to be a big deal around here!!

Quoting mrsary: I came into the group after all of that. I did wonder how people have such high ranks, but don't post in here at all!

cocoroo
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess you are right. It's sad. I'm old school. I don't want to let go.

Quoting USAFamily:

I think the age of 'the chat room' or message boards is coming to an end. This group is targeted to such a specific group of people, that it will have the same questions asked all the time, and then the askers will leave. It's purely become an information forum. Not really one to connect. It just feels like the end of an era to me. 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:15 AM
3 moms liked this

I think things go in cycles.  This isn't the first time this group has been dead.  Maybe Carly will come back.  lol.

mom2jessnky
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I blame the anon feature. Group was super active, anon feature gets added, group dies. Could be a coincidence but I doubt it.

mom2jessnky
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:46 AM

I miss siggies. They were big on iVillage (which is now long gone) and I loved making them, here you CAN use them but no one does... I miss making those. That's my old school talking. ;)

Quoting cocoroo: I guess you are right. It's sad. I'm old school. I don't want to let go.
Quoting USAFamily:

mom2jessnky
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

And because your thread title made me think of it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)