Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving again

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
We are just moving houses, not PCSing. It will be better in the long run, but I am not looking forward to actually having to move all of our stuff to the new house ourselves. We sign the lease and get the keys on Wednesday and the lease starts on the 1st. We have until the 15th to be completely out of our current house.
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:49 PM

When I read the title before I opened the post, I thought, "But they JUST got there"....lol

Good luck with the move especially since it will be better for your family in the long run.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:53 PM
Good Luck!
violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:01 PM
Good luck with the move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:47 PM

If my dh had his way, we would be going somewhere else.  He loves Germany and wants to stay here, but he hates his unit.  This base is so pathetic.  He is getting so frustrated.  He said he is going to talk to the airborne unit on the other side of Germany.  That way atleast he can do something a little more his speed.  He hasn't deployed in 18 months, and after being on a 7 month home/4 month deployed rotation for 6 years, he is having a rough time. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

When I read the title before I opened the post, I thought, "But they JUST got there"....lol

Good luck with the move especially since it will be better for your family in the long run.

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:30 PM

So sorry. I know you are not moving for a pcs but still you are moving from one house to another. Did you  have some things still boxed up? Good luck and like you said, it will be better for you guys.

cocoroo
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Nothing is boxed. We are really good about having the entire house unpacked in a couple of days. My friend just moved from one town to another, so I have her boxes and I started packing things up. We don't have a lot of clutter, just a ton of furniture. So.much.furniture.

Quoting twinkersmom:

So sorry. I know you are not moving for a pcs but still you are moving from one house to another. Did you  have some things still boxed up? Good luck and like you said, it will be better for you guys.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 19, 2015 at 1:35 AM

UMMMMMMMM you CANNOT move away until I am gone! If you guys need help let me know! I know a company from down here is moving up to there. My friends husband is one of the guys moving, they are not sure if they can stay here or if they have to move.

Quoting cocoroo:

If my dh had his way, we would be going somewhere else.  He loves Germany and wants to stay here, but he hates his unit.  This base is so pathetic.  He is getting so frustrated.  He said he is going to talk to the airborne unit on the other side of Germany.  That way atleast he can do something a little more his speed.  He hasn't deployed in 18 months, and after being on a 7 month home/4 month deployed rotation for 6 years, he is having a rough time. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

cocoroo
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 2:32 AM
From what I have heard, anyone living in housing over there is going to be required to come here. If they are E7 and above, they can live off post. If they are E6 or below, they will be required to live in the projects. If we go anywhere, it probably would take a little bit to happen.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

UMMMMMMMM you CANNOT move away until I am gone! If you guys need help let me know! I know a company from down here is moving up to there. My friends husband is one of the guys moving, they are not sure if they can stay here or if they have to move.

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 19, 2015 at 4:52 AM

Good luck!

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 19, 2015 at 7:58 AM

They had a meeting last night and they were told it was up to the AF as to wether they can stay here or have to move. 

Quoting cocoroo: From what I have heard, anyone living in housing over there is going to be required to come here. If they are E7 and above, they can live off post. If they are E6 or below, they will be required to live in the projects. If we go anywhere, it probably would take a little bit to happen.
Quoting barrelracer1699:

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)