Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making rank ( e8 or e9)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone of their SO made e8 or e9 while waiting for orders ( with an assignment) kept or had them changed? We are  super excited about our next base and im tottally  freaked out w emay lose it. We are unsure if you get a new listing  or just a surprise base. Thanks in advance.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LawNOrderMommy
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 3:51 PM
DH is on track to make E8 next year, his monitor has already said there is a slot for him at a base we want to go to if he stays an E7 but if he gets the promotion before he PCS's those orders will be changed.
USAFamily
by Melissa on Feb. 27, 2015 at 3:54 PM
Currently, he has those orders because of the rank he is. If they don't need his new rank his orders will be cancelled and he'll get a new assignment. It happens all the time.
Linagma03
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:36 PM

My DH was already to make his E8 but the only slot open for an 8 was in Korea and that would've meant a year over there without us. We had only been married a couple years and had just gotten custody of his 3 kids so I would've been left in the States with 6 kids. He decided that he didn't want his 8 that badly and he had already put in 23 years so decided to retire instead. If they had a slot anywhere in the States he would've taken his 8 and stayed in for 30. 

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2015 at 10:53 AM

I think it depends on branch- DH has advanced and PCSed every tour except 2 in 20 years.

the CG will "frock" a member and move them into the new ranks billet until they can technically advance him.

He did it for E5, E6, E7 and E8.  We got every location we wanted.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 1, 2015 at 6:43 PM
The Navy works similarly. Typically you can one up a billet anyway.

Quoting gunsgirl:

I think it depends on branch- DH has advanced and PCSed every tour except 2 in 20 years.

the CG will "frock" a member and move them into the new ranks billet until they can technically advance him.

He did it for E5, E6, E7 and E8.  We got every location we wanted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)