Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first navy deployment question

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:33 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hi
i was just wondering if it was normal not to hear from someone in the navy for 3 months? That seems kinda like a long time to me. My friend left about 6 months ago and we were in contact every month or so when in port. so was wondering.I hope shes okay! Any advice kind words? Thanks
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:01 PM
It really depends on the deployment honestly.
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 6, 2015 at 5:24 AM

Depends on the deployment. Some places don't get internet very easily, also if limited family may get priority! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 6, 2015 at 5:31 AM

Welcome!  I'm assuming your friend is on a surface ship?  My husband is on submarines, and they get next to no contact at all while on deployment.  I'm used to hearing nothing while he's gone.  If you are able to hear something, good for you:)

jen139222
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Last time I heard a few months ago they were in Bahrain. It's just not like going 3 months without any contact that I'm starting to worry. Usually it was a month- month n half no contact then email a few times then again a month or so. So with 3 months flying by I'm starting to wonder and hope they are okay! Typically how long is a Navy deployment I know it prob depends on stuff. Sorry I'm new to this lol

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 8, 2015 at 5:36 AM
In the sense you are referring to, no news is good news.

Quoting jen139222:

Last time I heard a few months ago they were in Bahrain. It's just not like going 3 months without any contact that I'm starting to worry. Usually it was a month- month n half no contact then email a few times then again a month or so. So with 3 months flying by I'm starting to wonder and hope they are okay! Typically how long is a Navy deployment I know it prob depends on stuff. Sorry I'm new to this lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)