Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome To Military Families! Introduce Yourself.....

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:47 PM
  • 154 Replies

Welcome to Military Families!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. Are you a service member, spouse, family member or parent of a service member?

2. What branch of the service are you/your service member in? How long have they/you served?

3. How many different locations have you been stationed at?

4. What do you like to do in your free time?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Military Families & CafeMom!

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 27, 2015 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

1. Are you a service member, spouse, family member or parent of a service member?

I'm in a committed relationship with an amazing service member.

2. What branch of the service are you/your service member in? How long have they/you served?

He is in the Coast Guard.  He went to CGA and has served for 2.5 years since.  He has been deployed in Bahrain for 4.5 months.

This is my first deployment with him!  Looking for a little guidance and support here. :)

I'm in my first year of law school at Santa Clara University.

Hottmomma607
by Group Admin on Sep. 28, 2015 at 12:18 AM
Welcome to the group!
How old are your kids?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'm in a committed relationship with an amazing service member.

He is in the Coast Guard.  He went to CGA and has served for 2.5 years since.  He has been deployed in Bahrain for 4.5 months.

This is my first deployment with him!  Looking for a little guidance and support here. :)

I'm in my first year of law school at Santa Clara University.

Hottmomma607
by Group Admin on Oct. 4, 2015 at 2:26 PM
My name is Trica, long Cafemom member.
My dad was army, I was born in Fort Knox,KY. My dad got stationed at Fort Lewis and Tacoma is where we stayed. I met my husband who was stationed at McChord, AD Air Force. Eventually he got stationed at Tyndall,AFB and then Keesler,AFB. At Keesler He decided to go civilian and he went into the reserves. We made our way back to WA. he ended up retiring from the reserves. After 1 4yrs doing IT for the Air Force he moved over to the army a year ago.
I'm a SAHM currently. Been enjoying it.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them! - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

MommyFinally16
by on Oct. 7, 2015 at 8:41 PM

Hello! My name is Bobbie! I'm the spouse of a service member. His name is Robert and he's in the Army Reserves. His MOS is satellite communications. He's on his second year. So far we haven't been stationed, though his base is the Tobyhanna Army Depot in PA.

Mothermedusa
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2015 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey! I'm not necesarily new but I haven't spent much time here in Cafe Mom, however my life just took a serious turn and I need to know what's up! :)

Both of my parents served in the Army as well as my FIL, and as of today my husband is sworn in to the Air Force!

I haven't been stationed anywhere, we're just starting our journey here and I'm nervous and doing every bit of research I can on how to be the most supportive I can be.

We have an 8 month old daughter and that's all :)

I like hoarding cloth diapers in my free time, as well as indulging an obsession with zombies, going hiking, playing video games, baking and birdwatching.  

Hottmomma607
by Group Admin on Oct. 14, 2015 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome back! And congratulations on your new adventure! This is the right group.

Quoting Mothermedusa:

Hey! I'm not necesarily new but I haven't spent much time here in Cafe Mom, however my life just took a serious turn and I need to know what's up! :)Both of my parents served in the Army as well as my FIL, and as of today my husband is sworn in to the Air Force!I haven't been stationed anywhere, we're just starting our journey here and I'm nervous and doing every bit of research I can on how to be the most supportive I can be. We have an 8 month old daughter and that's all :) I like hoarding cloth diapers in my free time, as well as indulging an obsession with zombies, going hiking, playing video games, baking and birdwatching.  

Hottmomma607
by Group Admin on Oct. 14, 2015 at 11:09 PM
Hi, Bobbie! Welcome to the group!

Quoting MommyFinally16:

Hello! My name is Bobbie! I'm the spouse of a service member. His name is Robert and he's in the Army Reserves. His MOS is satellite communications. He's on his second year. So far we haven't been stationed, though his base is the Tobyhanna Army Depot in PA.

Francine30
by New Member on Oct. 17, 2015 at 12:00 PM

Hi everyone,My grandson join the Navy this last August.  He first went to the great lakes there is a military base for booth camp.now he is in Texas till Jan then he will be assighned to a boat I guess.I was shock to see all this happen.His Mother and I miss him. He will be spending Christmas with us.That will be a great time.This is all I know  now.Hope to hear from someone.Francine 30.

PagingDrPepper
by Member on Oct. 17, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Spouse. Dh and I have been married for 13.5 years  

Air Force. He has been in for 9.5 years.

He has been stationed at 3 and I've been at 2.  England, Osan AB Korea (he was solo for a year here), Kadena AB Okinawa. We will be headed to a new base next summer  

I am a sahm to two great kids, hobby photographer, love to lap swim, cook, read and am a crazy fan for the Atlanta Braves.

I'm newish to CM and decided it was time to branch out a little. Glad to see there's a military community here. 

lilmisscee1974
by Member on Oct. 20, 2015 at 4:41 PM
1.spouse
2.army, for 10 years.
3.4..Carson,Campbell, Haaf,and Shaw Afb
4.YouTube, and volunteer.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them! - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)