Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband got his basic training date

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:16 PM
  • 9 Replies
My husband got his job placement in the Air Force and will be leaving for basic training February 2nd. That's exactly a year from when he started his weight loss journey to get there. I'm glad he won't be going to Texas in the summer but I'm nervous for when we actually have to be without him even at night.
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Good luck to him. The first few days will be hard for you, but you will quickly adapt.

Hottmomma607
by Group Admin on Sep. 26, 2015 at 1:27 PM
The best of luck to you.

Quoting _Jac_: My husband got his job placement in the Air Force and will be leaving for basic training February 2nd. That's exactly a year from when he started his weight loss journey to get there. I'm glad he won't be going to Texas in the summer but I'm nervous for when we actually have to be without him even at night.
Peaceful.chaos
by Member on Sep. 26, 2015 at 1:30 PM
Best of luck to him. You'll receive a package from Lackland with info about hotels in the area if you plan to attend his graduation. Where will he go for tech school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 26, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Find a way to get used to it.  There will be a lot of nights alone when he's gone and not just basic and tech school... 

adoptivemomof1
by Mel on Sep. 26, 2015 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Best wishes to you all! You will be fine and before you know you will get used to it all.
_Jac_
by Member on Sep. 26, 2015 at 6:49 PM
Thanks. I do plan on attending as does how whole family, and possibly my parents also, but we will see. Don't know yet where he will be going to tech school.

And thank you everyone for your well wishes. We are looking forward to the new adventures this life will hold for us

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: Best of luck to him. You'll receive a package from Lackland with info about hotels in the area if you plan to attend his graduation. Where will he go for tech school?
cocoroo
by on Sep. 28, 2015 at 1:35 AM
If you know what his job is going to be you can figure out where he will go for Tech.

Quoting _Jac_: Thanks. I do plan on attending as does how whole family, and possibly my parents also, but we will see. Don't know yet where he will be going to tech school.

And thank you everyone for your well wishes. We are looking forward to the new adventures this life will hold for us

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: Best of luck to him. You'll receive a package from Lackland with info about hotels in the area if you plan to attend his graduation. Where will he go for tech school?
okpondlady
by on Sep. 28, 2015 at 2:07 AM

February is a great time to be at Lackland!!!  My first day in AFBMT was 30Oct1988.  It was a great time in my life.  Congrats to him for taking this step!!!  I have never been on the spouse end, sorry all I can say is you will make it!!! 

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Good luck on this new journey. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)