Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FINALLY!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:32 AM
  • 7 Replies

I received an email from the Obudsman this morning with details about the Homecoming meet, greet and informative gathering! Not 10 mintues later, I received transportion information for the actual homecoming.Yay

I am so excited! It is taking everything out of me NOT book the first flight available so that I can be there.
I have to step back and remember I am mom and my DIL will be the one to welcome him home. I am just happy he will be back soon and hopefully, have an opportunity to visit us while on leave.

navy

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:50 PM

uggg...  The whole stepping back thing...  bleh...  Glad you're going to see him soon :)

JenNAY3
by Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Congrats! I admire your restraint, I think it's really sweet that you understand your DILs position. My mother in law is the same way and I love her for it. We always invite her to join us at these events.

Reina13
by on Feb. 1, 2016 at 2:55 PM

I am not in your position but Iike the pp, I admire your restraint. I don't know if I could do that. My boys are in college and I can hardly wait to see them when they come home on breaks. I don't know that I could handle a deployment when it comes to my kids. LOL

Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2016 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I KNOW!! Ugh
She has been great about it though. She called me and asked me if I had planned on being there. I told her that as much as I wanted to, that I felt like that should be her moment. She was very appreciative of that.  Happy wife, happy son equals a happy mom.   ;)

Quoting jas_momof2:

uggg...  The whole stepping back thing...  bleh...  Glad you're going to see him soon :)

Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Thank you.

My DIL was really good about it. She did tell me that I was welcome to come up but I feel like this is their moment. I'll monopolize his time when he comes home on leave...haha

Quoting JenNAY3:

Congrats! I admire your restraint, I think it's really sweet that you understand your DILs position. My mother in law is the same way and I love her for it. We always invite her to join us at these events.

Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2016 at 11:41 AM

It's hard to step back, believe me but I raised the boys to honor their partners. She is his wife, so she should come first always.

Quoting Reina13:

I am not in your position but Iike the pp, I admire your restraint. I don't know if I could do that. My boys are in college and I can hardly wait to see them when they come home on breaks. I don't know that I could handle a deployment when it comes to my kids. LOL

cocoroo
by on Feb. 4, 2016 at 7:46 AM

That's great.  I'm so happy for you.  I have my son's window for his homecoming.  I can't wait to see him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)