Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Military Families!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2017 at 10:23 AM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
Welcome to Military Families!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. Are you a service member, spouse, family member or parent of a service member?

2. What branch of the service are you/your service member in? How long have they/you served?

3. How many different locations have you been stationed at?

4. What do you like to do in your free time?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
- Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Military Families & CafeMom!
by on Jan. 3, 2017 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Jan. 3, 2017 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

1. Are you a service member, spouse, family member or parent of a service member?My Dad is a Veteran

2. What branch of the service are you/your service member in? How long have they/you served? Dad was in Army 5 and Navy 15.

3. How many different locations have you been stationed at?4

4. What do you like to do in your free time?Read,Scrapbook & Movies.

Hi!I am Tracy and a Military Brat.

mamaneedsabreak
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2017 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this
good afternoon military families my name is Crystal and I'd like to chat with someone that has knowledge of the delta force also black ops stuff
Marinefranksmom
by Member on Jan. 8, 2017 at 10:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi! My name is Helen and I am the Mom of a Marine Corps veteran. My son graduated from Parris Island, SC boot camp 10 years ago and served for 5 years as MP.  He deployed twice, to Iraq and to Afghanistan.  His original duty station was Cherry Point, NC and was later transferred to Beaufort MAS, SC. His EAS was almost 6 years ago with the rank of Sgt. He is married, has 2 kids, son,5 and daughter, 2, is a police officer and remained in SC where he met his wife who is from there. I have been active in several military support groups since my son first entered the Marine Corps.  I also love to sing - I sing in my church choir and in a female barbershop quartet. My husband and I live in NJ. I was born in the Bronx.  We are members of a local American Legion Post where we host an annual party, for the last 27 years, for elderly veterans, and we collect and donate toys to the Marine Reserves Toys for Tots program. My husband was in the Merchant Marine for a short time. We have a great deal of respect for military members and their families, and we have family and friends in all branches of the service. I am joining this group in the hope I can be helpful and supportive to other military family members. 

american flag ribbon

johnny4ever
by on Jan. 9, 2017 at 6:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!My Dad was in the Military Army/Navy for 20 years.

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

Hi! My name is Helen and I am the Mom of a Marine Corps veteran. My son graduated from Parris Island, SC boot camp 10 years ago and served for 5 years as MP.  He deployed twice, to Iraq and to Afghanistan.  His original duty station was Cherry Point, NC and was later transferred to Beaufort MAS, SC. His EAS was almost 6 years ago with the rank of Sgt. He is married, has 2 kids, son,5 and daughter, 2, is a police officer and remained in SC where he met his wife who is from there. I have been active in several military support groups since my son first entered the Marine Corps.  I also love to sing - I sing in my church choir and in a female barbershop quartet. My husband and I live in NJ. I was born in the Bronx.  We are members of a local American Legion Post where we host an annual party, for the last 27 years, for elderly veterans, and we collect and donate toys to the Marine Reserves Toys for Tots program. My husband was in the Merchant Marine for a short time. We have a great deal of respect for military members and their families, and we have family and friends in all branches of the service. I am joining this group in the hope I can be helpful and supportive to other military family members. 

johnny4ever
by on Jan. 9, 2017 at 6:08 AM

Welcome Crystal.I am sure if you post about what you are looking for you will get a response.

Quoting mamaneedsabreak: good afternoon military families my name is Crystal and I'd like to chat with someone that has knowledge of the delta force also black ops stuff

kmqw229
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 4:12 PM
Hi everyone! I am a wahm to four young kids. We are approaching our first deployment. My hubby has been in the Army Reserves for about 6 years.

We have never been stationed anywhere.

In my (scarce)free time, I enjoy shopping, playing with makeup, watching movies, taking naps, and reading.
johnny4ever
by on Jan. 21, 2017 at 3:03 PM

Welcome!First deployment?How are you feeling about it?

Quoting kmqw229: Hi everyone! I am a wahm to four young kids. We are approaching our first deployment. My hubby has been in the Army Reserves for about 6 years. We have never been stationed anywhere. In my (scarce)free time, I enjoy shopping, playing with makeup, watching movies, taking naps, and reading.

Hottmomma607
by Group Admin on Jan. 22, 2017 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Nice to meet you. Are you are nervous? How long will he'll be deployed?

Quoting kmqw229: Hi everyone! I am a wahm to four young kids. We are approaching our first deployment. My hubby has been in the Army Reserves for about 6 years.

We have never been stationed anywhere.

In my (scarce)free time, I enjoy shopping, playing with makeup, watching movies, taking naps, and reading.
Hottmomma607
by Group Admin on Jan. 22, 2017 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow your dad did army and Navy?
I was an army brat and a Air Force wife.

Quoting johnny4ever:

1. Are you a service member, spouse, family member or parent of a service member?My Dad is a Veteran 2. What branch of the service are you/your service member in? How long have they/you served? Dad was in Army 5 and Navy 15. 3. How many different locations have you been stationed at?4 4. What do you like to do in your free time?Read,Scrapbook & Movies.

Hi!I am Tracy and a Military Brat.

Hottmomma607
by Group Admin on Jan. 22, 2017 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome, Helen!!

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)