Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lost Gift Card :(

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2017 at 12:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son is almost finished with his deployment to Afghanistan.  Our church sent him a gift card, which he never received.  How common is this?  If it ever turns up, will the Army forward it to his next duy station?

Feeling kind of bummed that he didn't get it.

UPDATE:  He finally got the gift card a few days before he left Afgahnistan.  Yea!  Slow, but, at least it got there.

by on Jun. 29, 2017 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jun. 30, 2017 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

It's probably gone.  I stopped sending gift cards in the mail as my mother would somehow get the letter, but the gc would be missing, the envelope taped up.  Or she wouldn't get anything at all.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 30, 2017 at 11:33 AM
Yep. Cash too. Someone (I assume in the postal office) was slitting the envelopes and taking out the cash or gc, just leaving the card. Pissed me off so bad. I filed a complaint at office but nothing ever came of it. I'm sorry this happened to your son OP.

Quoting jas_momof2:

It's probably gone.  I stopped sending gift cards in the mail as my mother would somehow get the letter, but the gc would be missing, the envelope taped up.  Or she wouldn't get anything at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 17, 2017 at 9:44 PM
So if he is deployed and you send him things the people receiving the mail will open it and go through it to make sure there arent things in there that are not allowed like alcohol and such. If he has received the package that was supposed to have the gift card in it it's probably gone. If he just hasn't received it yet chances are it could still be on it's way. It took over a month for my husband to get a package I had sent him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:55 AM

I wouldn't send cash but maybe if you send gift cards, send them between pages in a book. Then wrap the book up. I have sent important papers to hubs that way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)