Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Intro as a military mom

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2017 at 4:36 PM
  • 2 Replies

So a few years ago I was part of this group as a Navy wife. My husband retired I lurked for awhile then move on.

Come this August my stepson leaves for basic training for the Army. Also, come August my daughter will join the Navy's delayed entry program she wishes to head to boot camp within days of her 18th birthday.

I have 2 bio kids and 3 step kids. The kids range from 17 to 23 years old. The 4 oldest have all graduated and slowly making their own lives.

I hope I can learn more about the mom side of the military also maybe I can share my stories of being a military wife and a retired military wife.

by on Jun. 30, 2017 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
krisnkids
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Hi! Very similar to you, except I'm a Navy ex-wife. :) What's your son's MOS? Mine is going in as 68w, combat medic.

lizard3731
by Member on Sep. 1, 2017 at 11:51 AM

My ds enlisted in the Army in January of 2016.  After basic, he trained as a combat medic and was deployed to Afghanistan for 9 months.  Kind of scary, but he's back in the States now.  My FIL was career army, but had retired by the time I met him.  He passed away when my ds was only 3.  He was an LPN, so my son is kind of following in his footsteps by providing medical care.  My experience with the military is only through my son, but my dh's family can give my some information.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)