Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drinking problem?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
So here is my dilemha. My husband and I like to have a good time as in going out dancing and what not with friends when we can get a babysitter. I'm not someone who drinks a lot and usually will only drink when we have people over and go out(which is maybe once a month if not once every 2 months). My husband on the other hand drinks everyday. Usually he drinks about 4-8 beers a night. This has only started happening with in the last 1-2 years. He says he likes the taste of beer. I've told him I wish he wouldn't drink so much and not everyday but he just says that he likes the taste and doesn't drink to get drunk, except he gets buzzed up. When we do have friends over or go out he gets wasted to the point that I have to help him get in the house. He doesn't get violent or mean but just acts stupid. I get really pissed cause he can't just go out and have a few drinks and hang out. it's like he's on a mission to get bombed every time. Now my question is How do I go about showing him that drinking 6-8 beers a night is not right and that he has a problem. There is a history of addiction in his family and I don't want him going down that road when he has such a promising career in the military.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2017 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lizard3731
by Member on Sep. 1, 2017 at 11:56 AM

I don't have any answers for you.  Perhaps if someone other than you talked to him, it might help.  Wishing you the best.

Idkmyscreenname
by Member on Nov. 11, 2017 at 5:14 PM
Does he actually get drunk? Act badly? My DH drinks that much, every night, and is never drunk, just mellow. He knows he has a drinking problem, and has no desire to change.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)