Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband deployed in Korea wants a divorce.

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband left in May for a year deploymet to Korea.  Everything was ok at first, so I thought. 

He started to call less, and become very distant. Obviously when he started acting like this I began questioning him. One day he tells me he dosen't know if he wants to be with me anymore. He told me the feelings he had for me went away and that he is no longer in love with me. 

My heart dropped. It was out of nowhere. How could this be. we litterally had our second baby just a month before we left and never did he mention how unhappy or out of love he was.

He treats me like he hates me, dosent want to talk to me and is constantly reminding me that he wants a divorce, that we are not together.  somedays he loves me though. Just not enough to be with me for the rest of his life. 

I am to the point where I feel stupid trying to make us work. He continues to shut me down. 

Any advice ladies, I don't know what to do. 

by on Oct. 8, 2017 at 11:11 PM
Replies (11-16):
wingmom
by Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:51 PM

I think since you have kids together the best thing to do is give him some space, let him sort of work things out while hes away, and when he gets home see if there is any way he would consider marriage counseling. Its worth a try. Tell him for the sake of the family its the least he could do. Remind him that your kids needs him, because they absolutely do, no matter what anybody says. Even if he is only staying for kids at first, it gives you two time to work on your marriage and see if you can make it work. People overcome obstacles like this all the time it just takes commitment and time and, well, work. But its totally possible. I have been on the brink of divorce and come back, and so have many other couples. Good luck and blessings to you and your kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 5, 2017 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
My first husband was sent to Korea, right out of boot camp. He did the same thing. Didn't email nor call. I did all the calling and emailing. Turned out he was cheating on me. I divorced him while he was there. We had no kids or property together, so divorcing was easy. We were 21 at the time. Had been together for 5 and married only 2 years.

Odds are it is just Korea. He wants to be single but when he gets home he wont want to be. Good luck, hope it all worked out.
hotspice58
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 9:16 AM

this.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Give him the divorce. He's got a side chick over there.

Elle.tea.22
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:43 AM
He wants a divorce? Give him a divorce.
Elle.tea.22
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:44 AM
So... let him walk all over her? So her kids see that instead? Awesome.

Quoting wingmom:

I think since you have kids together the best thing to do is give him some space, let him sort of work things out while hes away, and when he gets home see if there is any way he would consider marriage counseling. Its worth a try. Tell him for the sake of the family its the least he could do. Remind him that your kids needs him, because they absolutely do, no matter what anybody says. Even if he is only staying for kids at first, it gives you two time to work on your marriage and see if you can make it work. People overcome obstacles like this all the time it just takes commitment and time and, well, work. But its totally possible. I have been on the brink of divorce and come back, and so have many other couples. Good luck and blessings to you and your kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
This post is from October. So what happened when he got home in November?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)