Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girlfriend of combat veteran looking to understand

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 1:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi all! So first of all I want to introduce my self. I'm Magen and im a mother of two boys. My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little while and I'm really wanting to start talking to other wives and girlfriends if military or veterans. My boyfriend was diagnosed with combat PTSD as well as physical problems with his back. I want to get a better understanding of this and be able to talk to anyone willing to listen and who would like to help me.
by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
proudmwdwife
by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 1:32 PM
U can message me. My husband is a combat vet with severe PTSD and other issues like TBI that causes seizures.
coolgal141
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 5:25 PM

First of all thank you and your BF for your service! I am so sorry that your BF was diagnosed with PTSD and other health issues. The best way that you can support him is to be there for him and pray for him. Has he contacted a psychiatrist/psychologist? If not, I would highly recommend getting in touch with one so he can get the necessary help. Praying for you both! 

lizard3731
by Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 10:28 AM

My son is a combat veteren.  He does have a couple of minor physical issues, but that's it so far.  However, I agree that talking to a counsler sounds like a good idea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:42 PM

My boyfriend is an Iraq army tank combat vet , also diagnosed with PTSD. We met taking our police exams. He has been and seen ALOT. The VA has alot of support groups for spouses and family members dealing with our boys coming home. 

Let him open up to you, don't force it. My man had to run children, women and men over with his tank, blow up buildings with civilians inside and shoot little children who tried to throw grenades at his tank. He had to do alot of unGodly things over seas.  

He also had half his calf blown off and had multiple surgeries to run and walk again. If you want i can PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)