Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it normal for dentist to ask that no parents in room while 3 yr old goes in for exam?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2018 at 11:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm just wondering bc just the thought of that makes me nervous. However I understood the point she made of the reason why. Mainly it being distracting for the child if mommy is in there and they want the child to feel comfortable being in there alone with them. I'm just a helicopter mom and worry a lot and with good reason. That's another story but not with the dentist. Anyway, what do you think and would you insist on being in there with your 3 yr old or let him go it alone and try to gain some trust in his dentist.
by on Mar. 14, 2018 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 16, 2018 at 1:41 PM

It's normal for dentists.  But that seems to be the only one.  doctors want you back there.  I have issues with that and no one is going to tell me I can't be with my 3yr old.  There are other places to go that will let me back there.

krisnkids
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 1:43 PM

Not for any dentist I took my children to. I wouldn't go to that dentist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2018 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

We were living in St Augustine at the time this dentist was in trouble. Look up a Howard Schnieder. A Jacksonville Fl dentist that lost his license and I think he went to jail too. He was taking out baby teeth when he shouldn't have been. Ripping off Medicaid and other insurances. Hurting children. Yeah, I would not let my children go back without me. My kids weren't patients of his. But the other kids, my heart breaks for them. A good dentist would not have a problem with a parent going with the child to the exam room. 

toekneelynn
by Member on Mar. 25, 2018 at 7:07 PM
Yes i did hear about that dentist and thats why i was worried.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

We were living in St Augustine at the time this dentist was in trouble. Look up a Howard Schnieder. A Jacksonville Fl dentist that lost his license and I think he went to jail too. He was taking out baby teeth when he shouldn't have been. Ripping off Medicaid and other insurances. Hurting children. Yeah, I would not let my children go back without me. My kids weren't patients of his. But the other kids, my heart breaks for them. A good dentist would not have a problem with a parent going with the child to the exam room. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)