Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let me guess... he's playign a game... Welcome!!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:44 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

welcome to my group! I figured if DH gets video games then I get a group! Feel free to introduce yourself, what kind of system Dh has and his favorite games. Tell us about your gaming experience and what you like to play!

My DH has PS2 and Xbox, the only games he buys are ones that have online content, yes CODMW2 was just released! I like to watch to an extent, it gets old after about 5 hours of hearing about "camping bitches" and "lagging bitches" and so on. I'm counting down the days until left4dead2 releases, yes its prepaid, yes he gets the baseball bat.  The upside is knowing exactly where he is and what he's NOT doing

My gaming level does not go very far beyond left, right, jump :  ) I like Wii cause its simple. I'm learning to play L4D, I do ok but Dh learned that we cant play online cause I cant keep up, He got mad one time and I put the controller down and went to bed :  )

thats about it for me for now! I look forward to sharing!

toddler girltoddler boybackpack

Fighting the good fight!!!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momof2girls0305
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 4:35 PM

WOW, I found a person who is going through the EXACT same thing :) My name is Amanda and my husband is obsessed with gaming! He has a 360, ps3, psp and loves to do the online thing, especially the new COD.

We have a wii that i claim as mine and I also have a ds we share. I love simple games if I am playing, like kiddy, girly games. On the wii, I do mainly exercising games or the sports. I have played a LITTLE of fighting, but even that is Marvel of some sort. We played a racing game and I beat him so we don't even own those now.

My husband goes to work, gets home and is on the computer, checking gaming web sites and blogs and then sits down to play all night, weekend. While I understand a little playing time, he does absolutely nothing around the house or with the kids (or me).

It's so cool to finally find someone who understands, yet doesn't have nasty comments I tend to hear from the family. We have 2 very active girls, 4 and 5 years old. He does the 'spend time' while playing a game with them, too!

Thanks for this group and a chance to vent without judging!

caffinequeen317
by Group Owner on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Glad to have u here! I's been a slow start for members. Yeah, I know exactly where your at! We have a 3, 4 and 7 year old. Guess what the 7yr old is getting for xmas! PS3!!! It was partly my decision :  ) Will your husband play any of the trivia games with you? I Hate that I dont get any help! I've completely stopped asking! I do get backup with the kids though, I really only need it with our daughter, my boys are angels! So again, welcome! and thanks for joining!!!!

toddler girltoddler boybackpack

Fighting the good fight!!!

momof2girls0305
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I can't think under pressure and my knowledge of the trivia games he has is very limited. I also don't usually let my DH know that I do enjoy playing games as much as I do. I go through moods with it. I have resentment with the game systems. I call them his mistress and girlfriend, sometimes even booty call (like the psp, ds). Thanks for having me! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)