Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birth is still far away... but!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 296 Total Views

okay so i am only about 6 weeks along in my second pregnancy but i am wanting to prepare myself the best i can to handle contractions better as i am doing this birth without any pain medication. my first birth i had no clue what to expect andcaved and got the epi. i want this birth to be better. so any tips you ladies have to help me out would be awesome. i am EXTREMLY interested in hypnobirthing! i am giving birth in a hospital that is awesome! they accomidate pretty much any form of birthing/techniques the mother wishes to use. (candles,hypno methods, etc.) so any advice you ladies have, anything that really worked for you please dont hesitate to let them loose! thanks!!!blowing kisses

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Stefanie83
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM

well with my son i had no pain meds but didn't do hypnobabies so i can't give any ideas related to that.  i did use water though, which was great!  i labored in the water for a good while but then felt like getting out.  it sounds like your hospital might have water birth as an option.  :)

cespranger
by Group Owner on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I didn't do hypnobabies/birthing with tristan either.. but yea, water felt GREAT.

I wish i had done hypnobabies last time because i know it would have prepared me much better... and what's nice is that it accomidates hospital births, you don't HAVE to be home for it to work.  Just make sure they know what you want and make sure you have a doula or husband or someone there that can enforce it for you while you're in your peacefull place!

Quoting Stefanie83:

well with my son i had no pain meds but didn't do hypnobabies so i can't give any ideas related to that.  i did use water though, which was great!  i labored in the water for a good while but then felt like getting out.  it sounds like your hospital might have water birth as an option.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)