Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not Sure Where to Begin

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 114 Total Views

Hi! I'm really not sure where to begin.

I'm 36, 5 and a half months pregnant, and 214 lbs. I had started on my weight loss goals a few weeks before we found out I was pregnant. When we found out I was pregnant and that due to some issues I am high risk, I stopped working out for a while. I finally got clearance to go back to the gym and back to workouts. I am really into Yoga and what it was doing for me several years ago and with my recent weight loss journey. I want better results though.

My goal is to maintain and drop some pounds during the pregnancy (which I've been cleared for and told that would be fine as long as I don't overdo it.). 

After the pregnancy, I want to see bigger results. My initial goal is to become a Team Beachbody Coach and help others at my weight drop the pounds. I have the goal of a weight loss of 50 to 60 pounds within a year.

So, where do I start? Is there any prenatal workout through Beachbody that I can do? That's safe?

What do I start with after the baby is born? I've heard P90 is not a good starting point for 200+....

So, what's your view?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
KJC119
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Good morning! Congrats on your pregnacy! What an exciting journey!  I just had a baby boy in October so I can relate to the question - where do I begin after the baby is born. 

But first, let's talk about your current situation.  Yes, there are Beachbody programs you can do during your pregnancy.  Always modify though to what is right to you and your body!  Two programs that you can do is Yoga Booty Baby on the way and Brazil Butt Lift.  It's important to wear a heart rate monitor during your workouts espcieally if you had issues in the beginning of your pregnancy.  I know you mentioned doing Yoga before, but the Yoga Boot Baby On the Way can be helpful for you to stay toned and most importantly keep your body moving.  You'll want to balance out your nutrition as well.  you can drink Shakeolgy during your pregnancy.  My friend and sponsored coach is a former registered nurse and did research on this. I have a FAQ sheet if you're interested.  

After the baby, set your goals to be realistic.  You won't be able to jump right into a program right after giving birth.  I'm just now starting to turn up the intensity :-)  Let's get you through your pregnancy and then re-visit what the right program will be for you based on your goals and what you like to do! Afterall the best way to keep you committed to your fitness program is to ensure you are having fun while doing it!    I definitely wouldn't recommend P90X right after the baby.  

If you're interested in coaching, I'd love to talk to you further and get you set up on my team!  It's a great opportunity to be your own boss, be accountable for you fitness plan and help others as well :-) 

Hope you have a great day! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN