Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just joined...but have a question!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:06 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 340 Total Views
Hi I'm Hilary a sahm of 5 kids aged 9 1/2 (stepdaughter) 8, 5 1/2, 3, and 7 1/2 months.  I have breastfed all my babies and the only problem has been when my 5 1/2 year old didn't latch well, so I got engorged.  Friday morning I woke up with my right breast aching and feeling it was too full.  However, nothing I can do is helping.  I've tried warm compresses, pumping, letting her nurse primarily on that breast to no avail.  Then Friday night I started having almost a migraine headache and low temp which I've had all weekend.  Nothing is helping.  At first I thought maybe they weren't connected, but my mom said they might be.  Has anyone had this happen and what can I try to do now?  Any suggestions would be great!  Thanks!
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
catholicmamamia
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 8:48 PM
Hi Hilary! Congrats on your choice to bf. Sounds like your engorgement may have developed into a bout of breast infection. See your ob, who will maybe prescribe antibiotics & a pain reliever/anti-inflammatory such as advil. Eat well, drink well, rest as best as you can. Save your strength for bf'ing and healing. Try to get some help around the house & with kids so you can focus on baby/bf. Nurse around the clock, unrestricted access, offer 'bad' side first. Call LLL! Go to a local meeting. God Bless!
Hilary799
by on Aug. 5, 2007 at 8:52 PM
Thank you...I'll definitey do that!

Bonnie621
by on Aug. 5, 2007 at 8:53 PM
Def sounds like a breast infection.   I got one around the 4th of July with similar symptoms as you.   Call the dr as they can give you an antibiotic to clear it up.
jennypenny_03
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2008 at 8:28 PM

Sounds about right. I've had one too. To relieve the pain a little you can try massaging. It helped with the pain. Get better fast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)