Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A slight pet peeve...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:27 AM
  • 14 Replies

Is it just me, or is it bothering any of you that it kills seconds off your clock just to LOOK for the right flowers having to scroll left to right...

I end up losing a good 5 seconds scrolling...at times that five seconds I could have used...

Just wondering if you all were bothered by this too?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RosieCheeks64
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:47 AM

YES! I was coming here to post this same thing. Just when I think I'm actually getting better @ the rush orders, I have to start scrolling for flowers and I may as well forget about making it in time then. 

NoSlippy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:04 AM

What I do is I look at the flowers the customer likes (you can still read it even when the Rush Order window thingy has popped up), then scan where those flowers are so I know where to point my cursor. When I have an idea which flowers I'll be planting, that's the only time that I click the Rush Order thingy. Spares me from scrolling through all the flowers and helps me not to get too panicky! Hope that helps!

tretresmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Yes I actually have posted about that before.  It really sucks because then you can not even finish the garden because you have to search for the flowers & lose all your time :(

tngrandma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I have the same problem.  I can sometimes do the rush orders, but they have to be more than 25 seconds.  Otherwise, I just abandon them.

MistressMinerva
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Quoting NoSlippy:

What I do is I look at the flowers the customer likes (you can still read it even when the Rush Order window thingy has popped up), then scan where those flowers are so I know where to point my cursor. When I have an idea which flowers I'll be planting, that's the only time that I click the Rush Order thingy. Spares me from scrolling through all the flowers and helps me not to get too panicky! Hope that helps!

I do the same thing. It really does help if you look to see what kind of flowers that they like and look to see where they are so that you don't waste time.

MamaCharity
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Thanks ladies ;)

I do look at where the flowers are before I push start on the rush orders, I do also make sure my screen is pulled centered so i can see and get to everything fairly quickly....

Even with all that, I do make most of the challenges...but there are times I don't due to having to scroll even though I've done all that, I've gained alot of flowers so just scrolling to the end takes up to five seconds.....

I hope cafe finds a way to make this a tad bit more player friendly :0)

MamaDee2003
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Yes this is my number one problem with the game right now. I too make a "plan" before I start the job but it's still a pain and will only get worse as we learn more flowers (and I love learning new flowers!) I wish there was either a way to see all flowers at once or to rearrange the order of the flowers ourselves before we hit start so we could put the flowers we're going to use where we want them.

Rabbit
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:20 PM

typing

Quoting MamaDee2003:

Yes this is my number one problem with the game right now. I too make a "plan" before I start the job but it's still a pain and will only get worse as we learn more flowers (and I love learning new flowers!) I wish there was either a way to see all flowers at once or to rearrange the order of the flowers ourselves before we hit start so we could put the flowers we're going to use where we want them.

Looking at what flowers you need for the timed plantings before you start does not help when you have to use the scroll bar to get to the flowers you need. I agree with you that we need to be able to see all the flowers at once and/or be able to arrange them in the order we want them. Rabbit

tretresmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Exactly.  I also do these things and it sometimes don't work if I need the first flower & the last flower the scroll time is killing me.

Quoting MamaCharity:

Thanks ladies ;)

I do look at where the flowers are before I push start on the rush orders, I do also make sure my screen is pulled centered so i can see and get to everything fairly quickly....

Even with all that, I do make most of the challenges...but there are times I don't due to having to scroll even though I've done all that, I've gained alot of flowers so just scrolling to the end takes up to five seconds.....

momof3inTN
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Ditto. It needs to be a little more player friendly so we don't have to kill so much time scrolling from one end of the list to the other.

Quoting tretresmom:

Exactly.  I also do these things and it sometimes don't work if I need the first flower & the last flower the scroll time is killing me.

Quoting MamaCharity:

Thanks ladies ;)

Barbie and Ken, Married for 11 years!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)