Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is my math right?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

I was just thinking about the "Ugh" post.

To get 6000 flower power in VOM, that's 600 PERFECT gardens. At 2.5 minutes each that's 1500 minutes or 25 hours of straight playing--if all the gardens are perfect, which of course they won't be. If you put 3 straight hours (no breaks) into it every day, it would take over 8 days to get through if all of your gardens are perfect. Granted, there are some speed gardens in there which might help. But that seems like an awful lot of time to spend on one area with very few changes.

Please tell me my math is wrong!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rabbit
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:57 PM

typingI don't know if your math is right or wrong I failed algebra but I do know that this having to wait more then 2 minutes to plant a garden is ruining the game for me at least. At least in Latte Land you can buy more energy and continue to play if you want too. It turns a fun game into a boring game. Rabbit

momof3inTN
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I'm going to add insult to injury here, but I think I remember the team saying that the larger the garden, the longer the bloom time... having said that, can you imagine how long we are going to have to wait in the Familiar Forest for th gardens to bloom?

Yes, I do believe your math is correct... but math is not my strong suit. LOL

Maybe extra flower power for the speedy sams would help? Like 20 instead of the regular 10 (that's of course if the garden is perfect).

Barbie and Ken, Married for 11 years!

tretresmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I think the points should increase the farther into the game you get :) 

MamaCharity
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I'm horrible with math so I couldn't tell ya if its right or not, sounds right and OMG TRIPLE UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea that definantly needs some tweeking, I will for sure throw the towel in if it takes that long.....

CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:46 PM

We kinda addressed this in our new sticky, but we're not sure this is a problem.  If the game is FUN and interesting, it doesn't matter how long you have to play for - Percolate Park in Latte Land (the second area) takes about 3 days of 24-hour-a-day playing to  beat; Mount Mocha (the fifth) took WEEKS of 24x7 play to complete - but because players liked it, it didn't matter.  We want FP to be even more fun, so it doesn't matter how long it is.  We want you to enjoy it so as you get to higher levels that could take even longer, you're more excited about new challenges than bummed about how long it will take.

That's the primary thing we are focused on - making the game more enjoyable, not just making everything shorter:)

- The CafeMom Team

MamaCharity
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Understood cafe thank you :)

I mentioned it cause that did actually pull me away from latte land at first too. I DID however come back to it and am still playing it and you're right at this point it doesn't matter to me...

However I'm just not feeling this one Like I do latte land....seems like we are playing for pennies so to speak, like advancement is close to impossible UNLESS we sit here 24/7 we are moms...we do have other things to do I dunno I guess I'd just like to be able to do both :0) NOT have to sit for so long just to play....kind of sucks the fun out of it....that's just my opinion :)

As always I do sincerely appreciate the time and effort you all put into the cafe here :) Even if I do back away from this particular game...there are tons more to play so I'm not worred :0)

Thanks again cafe!

Rabbit
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM

typing

Quoting CafeMom Team:

We kinda addressed this in our new sticky, but we're not sure this is a problem.  If the game is FUN and interesting, it doesn't matter how long you have to play for - Percolate Park in Latte Land (the second area) takes about 3 days of 24-hour-a-day playing to  beat; Mount Mocha (the fifth) took WEEKS of 24x7 play to complete - but because players liked it, it didn't matter.  We want FP to be even more fun, so it doesn't matter how long it is.  We want you to enjoy it so as you get to higher levels that could take even longer, you're more excited about new challenges than bummed about how long it will take.

That's the primary thing we are focused on - making the game more enjoyable, not just making everything shorter:)

I personally do not care how many days it takes to finish a town it is the waiting to plant another garden that makes me want to quit playing. Waiting 2 or more minutes to be able to plant a garden is very annoying to me and makes the game boring. Rabbit

MamaDee2003
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:35 PM

This totally makes sense. And I think if there were things that kept it interesting it definitely wouldn't be a big deal to take so long. Even little things like more bonus customers that give loot or extra $ or points. But for me, at this point, I've earned most of the awards (for my area), I've done all I can with my personal garden until I make the $35,000 to add another row (which is also taking days and days), haven't learned any new flowers in a long time, etc. So while I like the game, I'm not sure I have it in me to keep making gardens. I hope that makes sense. I think you guys have done a great job, and I loved it the first two days, probably because new things kept happening. Maybe I peaked too early!

P.S., I just read the sticky and the upcoming changes sound great. I don't think it will seem so monotonous to be "stuck" in an area once those are in place.

Quoting CafeMom Team:

GothyMama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Quoting tretresmom:

I absolutely agree with this!  I figured since we were building bigger gardens in VOM we would get more FP.  I was disappointed when I got the same point amount for more work!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
tretresmom
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Quoting GothyMama:

Quoting tretresmom:

I absolutely agree with this!  I figured since we were building bigger gardens in VOM we would get more FP.  I was disappointed when I got the same point amount for more work!

Not to metion it gets more difficult to get a perfect garden :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)