Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coming Soon in Flower Power

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hi Everyone,

We're glad so many of you are playing the game and we've been listening to your feedback!  We have a lot of changes and additions planned, here's a sneak peek:

• More regions / flowers / other items
  • A better way of selecting flowers - particularly when you have lots.
  • Fixing up a lot of bugs in the way the game works - it doesn't even load for some players and we have to fix that!
  • Changing the way "bloom time" works.  Right now when you click "Plant a garden" a 2 minute timer (or more depending on your area) starts.  We're going to change it so a shorter timer starts when you actually finish designing a garden.  This makes more sense and should cut down on waiting.
  • More complicated puzzles - and more variety, so if you like easy puzzles you can go to certain areas, and if you like hard ones you go to other areas.
  • We're going to change the map so it's easier to see all of the other places you can go and the different difficulty levels that are out there.

We want Flower Power to be: A game where you solve puzzles (gardens) to advance through areas and get access to lots of cool things.  With the money you earn and items you can unlock you can plant awesome personal gardens and compete in Garden Shows to show off your design skills!

We're working to make it more clear that that is what the game is about, as we don't think it's that clear in a lot of ways yet, and appreciate everyone playing as we build!

We're also looking into some other things, but are not sure what we are going to do with them yet:

• We want to make sure that you earn money at a pace that allows you to buy things was you progress, but not take too long, or make it trivial to get tons of everything.
  • We want to figure out how to make it clear that you will NOT be able to make a perfect garden every time - the higher levels should get a lot harder, and unless you're an amazing player, you'll only get a perfect garden occasionally.
  • Higher regions should also take longer, but you should feel like you are still making progress.

That's just a preview of some of the things we are doing and some of the things we are thinking about!  We are reading everything posted in this group and doing surveys to get more information.  We won't be able to make every change that everyone wants, but we are listening and trying to make the game as fun as possible.  We appreciate everyone's feedback!

- The CafeMom Team

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCharity
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Thanks Cafe :0)

It's funny I was just coming in to ask how come you guys haven't given us feedback yet with all these posts....

However like usual, you're on it already :0)

I like the game alot, but do think it needs some "tweeking" Looking forward to the changes :0)

Momtomikayla
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:00 PM

The game is awesome and I appreciate all your time and effort in bringing it to us!

you rock 

tretresmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Thanks!  Sounds good, can't wait :) 

shayla0224
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Thanks :) I like the game alot....I do have a suggestion though....In latte land we get energy packs plus points for completeing awards.....Perhaps in this game we could get garden squares....or a special item for the garden or a choice between the 2,in addition to the points.....The Expansions for the gardens are very expensive and very small for the price as well as having to be in the shape chosen for the game...It would be nice to earn squares and place them ourselves to make the gardens unique.Also it would be nice to not have to use up a garden square for lights and decorations........Just a thought...Thanks again:)

MistressMinerva
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Can't wait to see the changes.

Thanks

bamamaof5
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM

i sooo agree... thats what i was inputing a few days ago. How expensive things are.. like the expansion packs as well...

had to comment on this.. lol..

God Bless...

I LOVE THIS GAME 2... its sooo rocks..

Quoting shayla0224:

Thanks :) I like the game alot....I do have a suggestion though....In latte land we get energy packs plus points for completeing awards.....Perhaps in this game we could get garden squares....or a special item for the garden or a choice between the 2,in addition to the points.....The Expansions for the gardens are very expensive and very small for the price as well as having to be in the shape chosen for the game...It would be nice to earn squares and place them ourselves to make the gardens unique.Also it would be nice to not have to use up a garden square for lights and decorations........Just a thought...Thanks again:)

bamamaof5
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:12 PM

hey.. wanted to ask where you got that cute tag from??

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Thanks

Carol226
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:15 PM

All of those changes sound great!  Looking forward to see how FP gets better.... 

MamaDee2003
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:38 PM

The changes sound wonderful. Thank you!

MistressMinerva
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Quoting bamamaof5:

hey.. wanted to ask where you got that cute tag from??

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Thanks

Member emjay is the one that made it for me. Here is her post that she made. http://www.cafemom.com/group/108166/forums/read/10431031/Addiction_Gift?last#last

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)