Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Latte Land vs. Flower Power

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Which do you like playing more: Latte Land or Flower Power?

Options:

Latte Land - because I like the challenges and I feel like I'm getting somewhere

Latte Land - because I like the leader boards

Flower Power - because I like figuring out the puzzles

Flower Power - because I like designing gardens in the garden show

Other - let me explain...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

I am COMPLETELY and 100% addicted to Latte Land.  So when Flower Power was introduced, I was very excited.  It looked similar, was in the same "genre" of games and it looked like it offered something new and different to try.  After playing it a couple of times, I knew that a lot of time was spent into developing it for us (which is very much appreciated CafeMom team =).  However, no matter how much I played it (and I really did try to give it a chance), it just doesn't compare to Latte Land.  Now I only play it, if I'm very bored and have nothing else to do (like if I'm waiting for my energy to charge up on Latte Land, all the all the babies are asleep and there is nothing on tv - not even "Jersey Shore" - just paid programming).  So here's my question - which do you like playing more: Latte Land or Flower Power?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jazzysgrammy
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 8:25 AM

I like FP best.  LL is a good game to.  FP is just more fun for me.  The wait times aren't that bad, either.  I use those time waits to get something to eat or drink, or go to the br.  plant a tree

MistressMinerva
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Quoting jazzysgrammy:

I like FP best.  LL is a good game to.  FP is just more fun for me.  The wait times aren't that bad, either.  I use those time waits to get something to eat or drink, or go to the br.  plant a tree

I like FP better too. I do the same thing just go do something like get a drink or pee break and even go check out my other groups out.

RosieCheeks64
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I like LL better overall. I got addicted to it quicker. But I'm bored w/ it for now and rarely play. I usually play FP now but may be going back to LL or no games at all depending on what I hear back from CM about my Shining Sue dilemma. 

Cafe BY
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Hi all:

We love the active discussions on what you like (and dislike) about our games; one thing to keep in mind is that FlowerPower is still in beta, and we're actively tuning and adding features as we speak. That's why we keep a close eye on polls and discussions like this one.

We have some new tweaks lined up, and some bigger things in the works, and I promise that we've been watching many of the same things you see.

CafeBY

dixiecharmer
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I prefer LL because of interaction with other moms.  We can buy and sell things, we also buy a cup of coffee from other moms for energy.  I have met new moms because I try to buy most my coffee from them.  I also left gifts for my friends at Christmas.  A couple moms and I use the buy coffee to leave messages for each other instead of chatter boxes.  As a Cafemom Hostess I also leave messages on the new moms chatter boxes when I buy coffee from them.  This has lead a couple of moms that had been missed by the welcomes to ask me questions.

Flower Power does not encourage mothers to interact with each other, other than voting on gardens.

Black Magic

at its best   Dixiecharmer

tngrandma
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Latte Land is the better game.  Flower Power is limited in scope and unfortunately I am unable to play it because of arthritis in my wrist which prevents me from doing the shorter timed rounds.  So, unless  that is fixed, the game is dead to me.  The game also doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason, just point and click and maybe you will get it right.  Doesn't have a lot of appeal.

So, Latte land would have to be the winner here.  More challenging, even though I have finished it. 

shayla0224
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I am hopelessly addicted to latte land....I do like this game but some of my wishes with it are...

1. I wish it wasn't so  expensive  for garden expansions for so few squares..

2.I wish you could arrange the few squares of garden you have into any type of design you wish....

3. I wish there were seperate squares available for the ornaments rather then having to use one of the few squares you do have to plant in for them...It would be nice if you could buy unplantable expansions where you would put flagstones or lights or fountains.and be able to place them where you wish..

4. I feel that the way the game is....everyones gardens look exactly the same pretty much and there isn't alot of room for personal creativity...If there was more room to personalize by moving your plantable and unplantable squares around and buy expansions for both we would see some beautiful gardens with alot of creativity....

Which brings me to the last thought.The garden shows...Almost all the gardens look the same same shape...flowers and the like..And with the award for voting on a certain amount of gardens it would be understandable that everyone who wants and award gives every single garden a ribbon.Rather then being able to browse the gardens and vote based on the persons ability to make thier own design from and empty plot.......

I do love the game and appreciate the great games that CM takes the time to make for us.These are just some thoughts about where I wish the game would go in the future :0

nani1013
by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 12:33 AM

i like FP cuz it just not the same thing over and over again like for example if you know what someone like to drink and been on that level for a while the only thing you can do is click brew over and over again.with FP you actually need to think and you get your own garden to be able to be expressive and artistic.dont get me wrong i really like LL and played it for a long time but i like a FP better.

Sassy762
by Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 2:39 AM

I love Flower Power BEST......I am a gardening fanatic with 2 green thumbs anyway. Latte Land is little boring to me and I don't quite understand that game.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)