Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oklahoma Newbie

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 134 Total Views
Hey ladies! My dh, my self and our kids are moving to SE Oklahoma this summer. We currently live in Tennessee and will placing our farm for sale in April. We hope to be in Oklahoma by June! We are thinking about buying a house with land around McAlester or Antlers. Any one live near there? Can you tell me anything about the area?
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
syndell58
by Group Owner on Jan. 14, 2017 at 12:25 PM

I live in Ponca City currently but will be moving Claremore sometime early this year I hope. I am working in Tulsa and need to be closer. Good luck in finding what you want. Oklahoma is a beautiful state.

blue-heart
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 5:04 PM
Thank you! I am so excited for this move. It's been in the making for two years now. Hopefully we will be done renovating our house by March and will be able to list it in April.

Quoting syndell58:

I live in Ponca City currently but will be moving Claremore sometime early this year I hope. I am working in Tulsa and need to be closer. Good luck in finding what you want. Oklahoma is a beautiful state.

syndell58
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2017 at 12:10 PM

That is a big move from Tennesee to Oklahoma. Are you from here? I am originally from S California and absolutely love it here.

blue-heart
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 12:27 PM
No. Lol I was born in California. Moved to Colorado. Moved to Tennessee. I lived in Kansas for about 6 months and then back to Tennessee. lol I have visited Oklahoma a few times. I have an aunt that lives in Chandler and I have been to Oklahoma City once or twice.

We own 7 acres and raise goats right now. The population here is 30,000+. It's going to be a huge culture shock especially for my 13 year old son. But we need a change. My dh is a veteran and living in a big city like this really isn't good for him.

Quoting syndell58:

That is a big move from Tennesee to Oklahoma. Are you from here? I am originally from S California and absolutely love it here.

syndell58
by Group Owner on Jan. 17, 2017 at 5:34 AM

OIC. Tell your dh that we appreciate him. FYI, I love goats! I milked them and bottle fed babies. Would't mind doing it again...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)