Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips, Advice, Ect. ?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 285 Total Views

Alright ladies, lets hear those tips you have for losing weight!

My biggest one is this: Drink a full glass of water before you eat and i promise you wont want to eat as much, this helps with portion control!

Also, when you've eaten dinner and about 1-2 hours later you feel hungry again, drink water before going for a snack! Sometimes your body feels hungry when your actually thirsty!

Lets see... one last tip... if your going to work out, do it in the morning. Not only will it wake you up better than coffee, it puts it out of the way for the day so you dont have to worry about wether or not you'll make it to the gym! It also boosts your metabolism, so youll do better during the day!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 2:23 AM

Tip: When you buy fruits and Vegetables from the store, come home and chop them up into ready to eat sizes (cucumbers, carrots, celery, brocolli, apples, oranges, pears)... place them in air tight storage containers  and place them on the closest to eye level shelf in your fridge... you will be twice as like to grab them and eat them if you don't have to dig in the drawer, wash them, then  cut them... 

*added bonus, your kids are more likely to eat them since they dont have to bother you to prep them!

by on Jan. 17, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I have a couple of tips that might help.....

The 1st one is the biggest one but Im pretty sure everyone already knows... portion control. If you can get used to eating in smaller portions your stomach will adjust and you will feel full faster. I just got a plate from slimware thats supposed to help with potrtion control, Ill let you know if it helps any...

The 2nd one would be to change up your exercise routine. If you keep it the same thing everyday, you will lose weight, but eventually your body will adjust to the workout and your weight will cap off and it will be hard to keep losing. Example, if you run everyday, your body will get used to it eventually, and you will stop losing weight. The trick is to trick your body. Keep changing it up so that there is no repitition. Like walk and run, or walk and do cardio.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Thank you for the awesome tips...Keep up the good work.

Christy family in the van

by on Mar. 27, 2010 at 10:20 AM

When going out to eat, take advantage of the wonderful internet prior to going!  Look up the nutritional information for the restaurant/fast food joint before you leave the house to see what your healthy choices are.

I should have used this tip last night.  Chicken pecan marketfresh sandwich from Arby's...not such a healthy choice.  Learn from my mistake LOL.

by on Mar. 27, 2010 at 12:32 PM

also- i find that if i go to the gym in the morning, i am less likely to eat as much during the day(cheat), because i dont want to screw up the hard work that i put in.

by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Thanks these are all very helpful hints. I have just started on my journey so these are some helpful hints!!!

by on May. 10, 2010 at 11:46 AM

chew gum to fight cravings! also set a certain time and commit to not eatting after that time. Maybe that will help with the late night snacking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)