• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heather

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:10 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 333 Total Views

This woman is like my new best friend.  I'm talking about Heather Van Vorous of the site http://www.helpforibs.com/.  As I am learning to control IBS I'm starting with her information because it helps so much. I will be borrowing a lot of her stuff as I use it and if it works.  And so far it has worked.  So if you are new to IBS please check out her site!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Dona127
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Hello Everyone!

My IBS problem that I suffered with for almost 20 years turned out to be an overgrowth of yeast in my intestines.  Another name for this is called Candida.  

I had all the health problems connected with Candida which were:  Over use of antibiotics, vaginal yeast infections, feeling anxious & depressed, panic attacks, sugar cravings, having digestive problems.   Low body temperature, gas, diarrhea, abdominal pains, spasms in my intestines, sensitive to tobacco smoke, perfumes, colognes, soap smells, foods disagreeing with me, milk products.  

Candida can give you all these symptoms & more if you don't get it under control.  Your bowels can take a heavy toll.   I am so glad that I finally found out my real problem.  Getting my Candida under control all of my symptoms are gone.  I am still off of sugar I use stevia instead.

I feel great, no more bowel problems, have energy, hardly any gas anymore, no more diarrhea, foods do not bother me anymore.    I cannot tell you how wonderful life is again.

If you have a problem with IBS find out if you have a Candida problem that is causing your symptoms.  If you do I have a great product that I use to get your intestines back in balance again.   You won't have to worry about where the bathrooms are anymore!

You can connect with me at my support group:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/donasgroup   Have Anxiety or Depression??- Get your life back again!

Dona 127

SteeleMommasita
by Group Owner on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Excellent information Dona.  IBS is a diagnosis of elimination.  Everything should be looked at first before a doctor can say that it is 100% IBS.

Quote from Heather Van Vorous:

...it's also important that the following diseases are excluded before you accept a diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome:

Colon and carcinoid cancer
Inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis)
Bowel obstructions
Diverticulosis / Diverticulitis
Gallbladder Problems
Food allergies & intolerances
Celiac (a genetic, autoimmune disorder resulting in gluten intolerance)
Bacterial infections and SIBO
Intestinal parasites
Endometriosis
Ovarian cancer

As a rule, all possible physical, structural, and infectious abnormalities of the GI tract need to be unquestionably eliminated before you agree to an Irritable Bowel Syndrome diagnosis. This requires a physical examination, preferably by a board-certified gastroenterologist. The medical tests needed to rule out disorders other than IBS will depend upon your age, health history, family health background, and specific symptoms.

Quoting Dona127:

Hello Everyone!

My IBS problem that I suffered with for almost 20 years turned out to be an overgrowth of yeast in my intestines.  Another name for this is called Candida.  

I had all the health problems connected with Candida which were:  Over use of antibiotics, vaginal yeast infections, feeling anxious & depressed, panic attacks, sugar cravings, having digestive problems.   Low body temperature, gas, diarrhea, abdominal pains, spasms in my intestines, sensitive to tobacco smoke, perfumes, colognes, soap smells, foods disagreeing with me, milk products.  

Candida can give you all these symptoms & more if you don't get it under control.  Your bowels can take a heavy toll.   I am so glad that I finally found out my real problem.  Getting my Candida under control all of my symptoms are gone.  I am still off of sugar I use stevia instead.

I feel great, no more bowel problems, have energy, hardly any gas anymore, no more diarrhea, foods do not bother me anymore.    I cannot tell you how wonderful life is again.

If you have a problem with IBS find out if you have a Candida problem that is causing your symptoms.  If you do I have a great product that I use to get your intestines back in balance again.   You won't have to worry about where the bathrooms are anymore!

You can connect with me at my support group:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/donasgroup   Have Anxiety or Depression??- Get your life back again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)