Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender Marker Changed

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 6:01 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

I just wanted to let everyone know my wife and I took a major step forward for us. We have changed our gender markers on our driver's licenses. So I am legally male now and she is legally female. It is great. Our next step is starting hormones and changing names. Our PCP is looking into helping us find an endo to work with us. And we just have to save up for the name change because it can easily cost $200 for each of us.

by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
celestegood
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 10:00 AM

How do you get the gender marker changed on your licenses?  Asking for Blake.  He gets his license next year.

purpleducky
by Group Owner on Jan. 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM

It depends on the state. In PA you just have to have your therapist fill out a paper. Just a few years ago you had to have bottom surgery first and a letter from the surgeon. But not anymore, yay!!! If you let me know what state you live in I can try to help ya out.

P.S. I LOVE your avatar!!! But Pilz is still my favorite.

Quoting celestegood:

How do you get the gender marker changed on your licenses?  Asking for Blake.  He gets his license next year.

celestegood
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I live in Missouri.

Pillzey (spelled right, probably not) is my favorite....but someone else had that one, so I didn't wanna be a copycat lol.  So the mad hatta I went. 

Thanks for checking for me!

Quoting purpleducky:

It depends on the state. In PA you just have to have your therapist fill out a paper. Just a few years ago you had to have bottom surgery first and a letter from the surgeon. But not anymore, yay!!! If you let me know what state you live in I can try to help ya out.

Quoting celestegood:

purpleducky
by Group Owner on Jan. 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Everything I am seeing states that to change one's gender on a driver's license in Missouri there has to be a court order or a doctor's letter stating that there has been a sex change. So I would say if you could get his permit (if he doesn't have one already) with the M on it that might be easier than changing it. I would really suggest asking like the LJ transgender community.

Quoting celestegood:

I live in Missouri.

Pillzey (spelled right, probably not) is my favorite....but someone else had that one, so I didn't wanna be a copycat lol.  So the mad hatta I went. 

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting celestegood:

celestegood
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Thanks!  I fortunately have a link to that community here, so I'll ask next time I'm there.  Thanks again!  You rock.

Quoting purpleducky:

Everything I am seeing states that to change one's gender on a driver's license in Missouri there has to be a court order or a doctor's letter stating that there has been a sex change. So I would say if you could get his permit (if he doesn't have one already) with the M on it that might be easier than changing it. I would really suggest asking like the LJ transgender community.

Quoting celestegood:

I live in Missouri.

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting celestegood:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)