Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens and BC w/out parent's consent?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 1:32 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 254 Total Views

Do you think it's okay for teens (14-17) to be able to get birth control from an outside source, without their parents knowledge?

What about having it available by the school nurse?

If so, should the types of birth control be limited?

by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ToriBabe1221
by Group Admin on Dec. 16, 2009 at 1:39 AM

I think this is such a tricky question. Im really on the fence as i feel i see both sides of the argument.

on one hand, some parents are so controlling that if they even knew thier teen was THINKING of sex it would all be over for them... and quite frankly.. if a teen wants to have sex, THEY WILL and id rather they be safe and protected.

on the other hand, depending on the type of birth control, there can be serious adverse reactions and i feel parents should know what thier children are 'on' so to speak.

i know if it was my child i would probably be upset if my child didnt come to me before he had sex. id hope that if he didnt want to talk to me about it that he would still be able to protect himself

as far as types.. i feel anything 'hormonal' should be off limits. *unless a parents consent IS obtained* so.. condoms, spermicide, etc would be fine with me... and i think a highschool nurse could hand that kind of stuff out.

haileybaby
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 3:34 AM

yea i agree about the non-hormonal methods being available at school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)