Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lemon juice as BC?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 1:51 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 330 Total Views

Has anyone ever heard of using lemon juice as birth control? I just found out about it as a technique from a friend, and thought I'd share...

After a bit of research, it turns out that for centuries women have used it as a natural spermicide. Check out this link.

Here's a brief overview of what it says: Soak a sponge in a mixture of diluted lemon juice and insert before intercourse. After intercourse, douche gently with more diluted lemon juice, just in case. Remove the sponge after 1 hour.

Has anyone tried this? It was tested by a scientist, so I'm curious how effective it might be...

by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ToriBabe1221
by Group Admin on Dec. 16, 2009 at 2:04 AM

ive never tried it. id be afraid it would burn, lol

interesting though. and 'natural' lol

momof3jam
by Group Owner on Dec. 16, 2009 at 3:48 AM

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

ive never tried it. id be afraid it would burn, lol

interesting though. and 'natural' lol

That's what I was afraid of too, or that it would dry you out or something. Maybe I'll have experiment night with DH and see what it does... No risk of getting preggo, since DH is "fixed", but I find it interesting. Only thing I wonder is how do you get it out, and what if it goes in too far?

ecagle
by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I would worry about yeast infections actually...the good bacteria in the vagina help prevent yeast infections and I would wonder if lowering the acidity in the area would kill bacteria...plus, my guess is it would dry you out...not too fun in the DTD department. 

limestar13
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I never heard of it but i had a friend that would drink vinegar to make sure she is not pregnant. i also heard of taking 2 vitamin c chewables every 3 hrs to cause your period to come early or cause miscarriage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)