Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

purple smoothies (featuring beets!!!)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 406 Total Views

beets make everything purple, including my son (and his poop! lol) what could be more awesome?!

they also add that earth-tone flavor to every smoothie. they have tons of iron. they go well with everything... well so far they go well with:

1. beets, lettuce, peach, and some mango juice

2. beets, peach, blackberries and some water

i remember a veggie juice i used to order at the hummingbird cafe in berkeley, that had beets, celery, tomatoes, carrots, a squeeze of lemon juice and ginger. i am going to try that as a more savory smoothie at some point in the near future.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
earthmama65
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Looks awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:49 PM

My 2.5 year old ADORES beets.  I cook them (not raw food but still) and serve as a salad with lighly steamed green beans and yellow wax beans.  My son cannot get enough of this salad.  Makes for interesting poop though.  LOL

mb_dolphin
by Group Admin on Sep. 2, 2010 at 12:43 PM

lol so i'm not the only one witih the purple pooping kid? hehe!!

my son and i also adore beets cooked, this beet post just ended up in "raw" forum because well, in this case they were raw. :)

eema.gray
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 12:53 AM

For our beet-loving toddlers, I just found an Indian-style curry featuring BEETS!  I've also got a soup made with pureed beats and coconut milk.  I'll post both if you'd like.  :-)

chica1965
by on Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM

oh wow that looks good I am finding my husband to be the one that resists veggies but not my son   I got him to drink a green smoothy the other day so I would love  to know how to do smooties and juices  

carnivalday
by Group Owner on Oct. 16, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Quoting eema.gray:

For our beet-loving toddlers, I just found an Indian-style curry featuring BEETS!  I've also got a soup made with pureed beats and coconut milk.  I'll post both if you'd like.  :-)

I would love these recipes posted!  I've tasted Mb's beet smoothies and loved them.  Go beets!

Great faith, great doubt, great effort.
conejoazul
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Quoting eema.gray:

I'm more than a year behind on seeing this post ... ugh ... admittedly, my first year with DS has not been marked by many cooking adventures (no time!) .... but lately I am getting more real time in the kitchen ... I would also love to see these recipes if you find time to share them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)