Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Israel & the Scriptures*

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:41 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 483 Total Views

I have tremendous respect for Prime Minister Netanyahu...

Netanyahu: Ezekiel 37 fulfilled
Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 2/16/2010 4:00:00 AM

Benjamin NetanyahuThe leader of a Messianic Jewish ministry is pleased that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu recently proclaimed the fulfillment of the prophecy in Ezekiel, Chapter 37.

Speaking on the recent 65th anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz in Poland, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu proclaimed the fulfillment of the prophet Ezekiel's vision of the valley of dry bones.

Netanyahu said, "Armed with the Jewish spirit, the justice of man, and the vision of the prophets, we sprouted new branches and grew deep roots. Dry bones became covered with flesh, a spirit filled them, and they lived and stood on their own feet."

Jan MarkellJan Markell, founder and director of Olive Tree Ministries, comments that Netanyahu's statement helps debunk the idea that modern Israel is just a secular country with no connection to ancient biblical prophecy.

"There is a degree of spirituality in Israel, recently with this Benjamin Netanyahu saying that Ezekiel 37 is now fulfilled," she notes. "So I'm encouraged when the top leader in the nation of Israel comes out and stands up for the Bible. This is absolutely tremendously good news."

Markell adds that now that Ezekiel 37 has been fulfilled, chapters 38 and 39 are expected to follow.

"The Ezekiel 38, 39 scenario - that's the Gog and Magog invasion of Israel, where they, being Russia, Iran and some other nations, descend on her to seize her wealth," the Olive Tree Ministries founder mentions.

She concludes that Israel wins that war, and though some scholars argue on the time frame of that event, Markell believes it takes place during the tribulation period.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=898508

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
IhartU
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:11 AM

You know my feeling on this and on Israel... which are the total opposite of how you feel.

lizzybugsmomma
by Group Admin on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:30 AM

It seems like Armadinajad (sp?) from Iran is ready to "wipe Israel off the map"..  The Muslims of that area would love to see all the Jews gone, so an attack on Israel by hostile neighbors wouldn't be out of the realm of possiblities.

AutumnLybbie
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Ever since the bible was written people have been convinced prophecies in it have been meant for their time. If it is, it is. I don't put too much in it though.

girlsclubmom
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Love that guy

blondekosmic15
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Quoting IhartU:

You know my feeling on this and on Israel... which are the total opposite of how you feel.

I am aware of your sentiments, IhartU. Thx. for your honesty~

blondekosmic15
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Quoting AutumnLybbie:

Ever since the bible was written people have been convinced prophecies in it have been meant for their time. If it is, it is. I don't put too much in it though.

I understand but I believe a prevalent sign was when the Jews returned to their homeland in 1948. And I believe Israel is a central figure in reference to Biblical times~

blondekosmic15
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Quoting lizzybugsmomma:

It seems like Armadinajad (sp?) from Iran is ready to "wipe Israel off the map"..  The Muslims of that area would love to see all the Jews gone, so an attack on Israel by hostile neighbors wouldn't be out of the realm of possiblities.

I listened attentively to Benjamin Netanyahu following 911 in the well of Congress. The intelligence this man espouses concerning terrorism is mind boggling! I told my husband I would love to meet him. Would have many questions to ask him. His brother was brutally killed by the terrorists many yrs. ago. The Prime Minister knows what he's talking about!

blondekosmic15
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 2:42 AM

Quoting girlsclubmom:

Love that guy

Me too...he's a tuff cookie so to speak. Won't tolerate any nonsense!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)