Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Woman Dies @ Home!

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2010 at 6:08 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 563 Total Views

Fla. Woman Dies at Home After Weeklong Religious Fast

Saturday, March 13, 2010

BARTOW, Florida —  Authorities say a 55-year-old woman died alone in a bedroom of her central Florida home after locking herself in the room for several weeks for a lengthy religious fast.

Evelyn Boyd told her husband, a preacher at a Pentecostal church in the city of Bartow, not to disturb her when she locked herself in the room Feb. 7 to fast and pray with only water to drink. Family members forced open the door March 5 and found her dead.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the St. Petersburg Times that deputies don't expect to file charges, though the investigation continues. A precise cause of death has not been determined.

The woman's husband, John Boyd, told the paper he didn't check on his wife because she felt she was doing what God called her to do and he wanted to respect her privacy.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,589180,00.html 

by on Mar. 15, 2010 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joci2203
by Group Owner on Mar. 15, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Wow. 

HARLEYCHIC80
by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Really??? WOW!!!!

girlsclubmom
by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM

O.K. - this is nutty. The women locks herself in a room for a month to fast -and you do not check on her.!!Thats a bit beyond respecting her privacy. It is sad.

peacefulkids
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 6:57 AM

I do have to agree with you.  That is beyond.

tericared
by on Apr. 4, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Quoting girlsclubmom:

O.K. - this is nutty. The women locks herself in a room for a month to fast -and you do not check on her.!!Thats a bit beyond respecting her privacy. It is sad.

I agree....

“Every time anyone says that Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, I can’t help but think that before Israel, we had no enemies in the Middle East.”
— John Sheehan, S.J.

mamagoose524
by on Apr. 4, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Wow!  How sad! 

MyLittleMan6405
by on May. 19, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting girlsclubmom:

I agree....

Yeah....that sounds little fishy to me. There is something else going on there on top of the over religious nut issue. When someone dies, it takes very little time for them to start stinking, even if it is not hot outside. You mean to say no one noticed anything like a smell before that? It doesn't take someone very long to die without food and only small sips of water. And it says the family members forced open the door, not the husband. Something is going on there. You can't tell me the husband didn't know something was off - like his wife dead in the next room for some time!

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on May. 30, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I agree something is not right with this story.

nursetina
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 11:07 AM

madness.

Super-mom-me
by on Jun. 12, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Quoting MyLittleMan6405:

Quoting tericared:

Quoting girlsclubmom:

I agree....

Yeah....that sounds little fishy to me. There is something else going on there on top of the over religious nut issue. When someone dies, it takes very little time for them to start stinking, even if it is not hot outside. You mean to say no one noticed anything like a smell before that? It doesn't take someone very long to die without food and only small sips of water. And it says the family members forced open the door, not the husband. Something is going on there. You can't tell me the husband didn't know something was off - like his wife dead in the next room for some time!

I didn't think of it that way...   I was thinking she had diabetes, until they mentioned that she was in there for a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)