Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do sugars go naturally go up the last few weeks of pregnancy?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 342 Total Views

So lately my numbers have been slightly more elevated then usual with the same foods i have been eating. For example, for lunch i usually have a turkey sandwich on wheat bread, and my numbers are where they need to be when i check (between 95 and 120) but lately they have been a bit high..like in the high 120/low 130 area.

Also, how high are eggs in protien? If I have a high reading like that, can I just scramble a couple eggs to help lower it?

expecting girlin lovetoddler boy

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lara7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Yes they do, Im having the same problem. Ur body is doing alot of crazy things now since the baby is bigger and ur body is working harder. Sounds funny cuz if its working harder then ur sugar should be lower... BUT also some ppls body can keep their sugars down. or there r some who have been on insulin their whole pregnancy, But then when they hit their 9month, they dont need it any more. Im not a lucky one.

U can try the egg question to see if it will work for u. But really excersise is the biggest trick. even if u dance around the kitchen floor will help some.. I do wish U luck! :O)

Ahma-Lily
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I agree, exercise is key and it helps a lot...I try to walk everyday, weather permitting, and if not, I clean around the house but do anything with movement...

Ahma-Lily
"A MAN works from Sun 2 Sun but A WOMAN's work is NEVER done"
Baby Names -BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
Group Owner:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/phdmomas
http://www.cafemom.com/group/collegeinstructormoms
Dodgermommy
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM

For me they went down.  As you progress in your pregnancy your placenta starts to get older and it's the placenta that causes all the issues with our bloodsugars.  By the end I was only needing one shot of insulin a day instead of 4.  I have no idea if that is normal though.

Magsmom
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Mine have gone down, too.  My fasting numbers were hanging out around 94, now it's much more likely for them to be in the high 80s.  And my post-meals have been as low as they had been when I was exercising after every meal (which I'm too tired to do most days anymore).

akhartis
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM

It does seem harder and harder for me to keep my numbers low the further along I get.  I think I lived off grilled chicken, salad, cheese and egg whites when I was pregnant with my daughter in the last month. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)