Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Half Marathon Training

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 5:27 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 551 Total Views

Hi moms out there!

I am a mom of one little beautiful girl, Charlee Marie Ruckdashel who will turn two in November! I am currently training for a half marathon that I will do October 15th! I am so excited! I was wondering if anyone else out there was training for a half marathon, it would be nice to have support out there about the training, the time committment it takes to do the training and so on! Love to hear from anyone out there....

Kris

by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MissRobn
by Group Owner on Aug. 28, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Hi Kris. I was training for a half marathon in October as well, but am currently injured and can't run. It is killing me. Can I live vicariously through you? LOL. It doesn't look like I will be able to do a half anytime soon, but I will he happy to support you in your training. Is this your first half?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TXmomof5cubs
by Head Admin on Aug. 29, 2011 at 8:50 AM

YESSS! I just had a baby 4 weeks ago and will be running my 9th half marathon in February. I'm having to start training completely from scratch because my body is so out of shape from the pregnancy. My training will be quite different from yours because I'm starting at the beginning (so I don't injure myself) but I'd be happy to train with someone! If you need help with your training or if you have any questions about race day, proper fueling, running gear, etc, please ask! there are several girls in the group who race and we can give you any advice you might need!

I'm going to post my training schedule later if anyone wants to run with me.

TXmomof5cubs
by Head Admin on Aug. 29, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Quoting MissRobn:

Hi Kris. I was training for a half marathon in October as well, but am currently injured and can't run. It is killing me. Can I live vicariously through you? LOL. It doesn't look like I will be able to do a half anytime soon, but I will he happy to support you in your training. Is this your first half?

Oh Robin, what did the doctors say? I'm sorry you can't run right now...that stinks! Hopefully you will be back up and running soon!

haydall
by Member on Aug. 29, 2011 at 2:27 PM
I'm training too. But for January.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)