Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourself

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 8:51 PM
  • 71 Replies
  • 1330 Total Views

Tell us a little about you and of course how long you knew your s/o before getting married or engaged.

I'm Heather, 22, married to my Airman Derick. We have two beautiful babies, Zander and Bellanova. I met my husband and we started dating within a month. Within another month, we were engaged. We were married at 6 months after we started dating. Our families, friends, and co-workers thought we were crazy, but we are going on about 2 years now and we are doing great!

Heather: We have a great informational call on how to lose weight on January 10th. PM me if you are interested.
Married/got engaged to your S/O less than a year after you started dating? click here!

in lovetoddler boybaby girl

by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
that_1_mommy
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Hi I'm Sarah. I'm 27 and I'm married to the love of my life, Matthew. We have 3 kiddos, Sebastian and Anastasia, who are 5 years old and Cailin, who is 4 months. Matthew and I met in May 2008, started dating August 21, 2008 and got married September 18, 2008. Everyone thought we were nuts too, but it works for us!

Are you a plus size mama that wants to lose weight?
Then join us at Plus Size Mama's Losing Weight!

pageantgirl3
by Group Admin on Jan. 2, 2010 at 10:52 PM

way to go That's Awesome!!! Welcome to the group!

Quoting that_1_mommy:

Hi I'm Sarah. I'm 27 and I'm married to the love of my life, Matthew. We have 3 kiddos, Sebastian and Anastasia, who are 5 years old and Cailin, who is 4 months. Matthew and I met in May 2008, started dating August 21, 2008 and got married September 18, 2008. Everyone thought we were nuts too, but it works for us!

Heather: We have a great informational call on how to lose weight on January 10th. PM me if you are interested.
Married/got engaged to your S/O less than a year after you started dating? click here!

futureshock
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:16 AM

My husband proposed 3 weeks after we met.  We were married one year exactly to the day we met.  That was almost 15 years ago!

pageantgirl3
by Group Admin on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Congrats!!! I love hearing stories like that! And welcome to the group!

Quoting futureshock:

My husband proposed 3 weeks after we met.  We were married one year exactly to the day we met.  That was almost 15 years ago!

sunbeamdream03
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:12 AM

DH and I met online (World of Warcraft) in July 2008, met in person at the end of July. We got engaged the beginning of September and got married on October 16, 2008. We just knew and that was it :) We are TTC #1 and are undergoing fertility treatments.

pageantgirl3
by Group Admin on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:31 AM

Oh that's awesome. Lol I think it's great that you both have something you enjoy and can do together. Welcome to the group!

Quoting sunbeamdream03:

DH and I met online (World of Warcraft) in July 2008, met in person at the end of July. We got engaged the beginning of September and got married on October 16, 2008. We just knew and that was it :) We are TTC #1 and are undergoing fertility treatments.

manno87
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:56 AM

My name is Miranda. I met my husband is June at a concert. We started dating around July 4, 2007. We were pretty much inseparable. My husband took me out on a cold January night to watch a meteor shower which didn't exist. Instead he propose. We got married on February 7, 2009. We found out I was pregnant with our first child 4 days later. Here we are almost 2 years later with our beautiful 14 month old son.

Proud mother to a beautiful little boy and Air Force wife!

janel09
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:07 AM

My name is Patrice and I was 16 when I met my husband as my  manager from my first job. We went to the same college and started dating Nov 30, 2005 (at 18). We got engaged Jan 11, 2006 then married April 21, 2006 and still married. I'm just not happy.

Patrice Janel

Wife to Lance 04/21/06  mother to L'Janel Jacel 11/04/06 and Lawrael J'lise 09/17/09

pageantgirl3
by Group Admin on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:15 AM

Thank you for sharing your story! I think that's adorable how he proposed! Welcome to the group!

Quoting manno87:

My name is Miranda. I met my husband is June at a concert. We started dating around July 4, 2007. We were pretty much inseparable. My husband took me out on a cold January night to watch a meteor shower which didn't exist. Instead he propose. We got married on February 7, 2009. We found out I was pregnant with our first child 4 days later. Here we are almost 2 years later with our beautiful 14 month old son.

pageantgirl3
by Group Admin on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:16 AM

I'm sorry. Let me know if you ever need someone to talk to!

Quoting janel09:

My name is Patrice and I was 16 when I met my husband as my  manager from my first job. We went to the same college and started dating Nov 30, 2005 (at 18). We got engaged Jan 11, 2006 then married April 21, 2006 and still married. I'm just not happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)