Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursing Bras - Newbie Mama Question

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 284 Total Views

For those who have kids already.  How big do you really get?  They say you're supposed to have one for when you go to the hospital post delivery, but how do you know what size you'll be?

I mean if I'm 36B now, what would I expect for when I'm nursing for a nursing bra size?  What has been your experiences?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mama032908
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I'm going to be honest here, your breasts will erupt! I'm not kidding, after delivery your milk glands start producing, and your bra size will most likely gain at leat a cup, if not more. Of course, if you don't breastfeed it will most likely go back close to normal, but if you do, they'll always be a little fuller. I've always had large breasts, and I bought a nursing bra that was my size just before delivery, it was way too small at the hospital. I would buy bigger for sure, maybe a 38 C, just to be safe. Keep the packaging and receipts though

may08mom
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I'm about a 36B when I'm not pregnant or nursing.  I went up to a D while nursing.  But you will find that after nursing for awhile, you won't be as engorged, and may go back down to a C.  Everyone is different too.  I would just wait and see how big you get, and then maybe get one bra one size bigger, just incase.  You can always buy more once you see how big you will get while nursing.

Ckris
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM

So then i guess you get your biggest once your milk comes - not before right?

may08mom
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Quoting Ckris:

So then i guess you get your biggest once your milk comes - not before right?

Yes ma'am!  But it may or may not be a whole cup size more.  You are probably already as big as you are going to get before your milk comes.  At least I'm pretty sure I am.  I am already a cup size bigger than normal.  I will probably go up one more once my milk comes in, but like I said, after a month or two of nursing, they may go back down a bit.  I wouldn't worry too much.  Just get a cheap nursing bra that is one size bigger than you are now (Target has some).  Then if you find you are that size later on, you can get more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)