• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here we go again ...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

Ok, I admit I am hormonal, uncomfortable, grouchy and hungry. But why does she call me and tell me not to make dinner for the family because she is going to do it. This is fine with me since I am in my last trimester of pregnancy but come to find out that she has cooked spaghetti. Something that I can't have because I have gestational diabetes. Now my sugar levels are going to be thrown out of whack and I still have to make myself something to eat. She knows about my condition but yet she still did this. WTH?! I just don't understand. Grrrr!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:57 AM

ahh, you poor gal,,, like really, why would she make that if she knew???? does she want to get on your nerves? some really do???? like mine!  Do you know if you are having a boy or girl???

mommyhonu
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Quoting gardenchic:

ahh, you poor gal,,, like really, why would she make that if she knew???? does she want to get on your nerves? some really do???? like mine!  Do you know if you are having a boy or girl???

It's our 3rd boy! DH and I are getting excited about his arrival. Just a few more weeks now. I can't wait to hold him.

Krustybunny
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 4:23 AM

take advantage of the hormones!!! Seriously! Put her in her place, tell her what you think, and when hubby looks at you funny, BLAME the hormones later, but tell him you only went off cause that stuff is hurtful, and your tolerance level for her crap is low. You'll feel better, and you won't get in too much trouble.

Should she play things that way again, calmly look at the prepared food and say, "Oh... ok. I guess I still need to make my own food." Ten to one, she'll look hurt and may even ask you why you can't eat her crap. Then youtell her remind her of your condition, and tell her what that poo will do to you. Finish with, "It's not healthy for me right now." Then drop it all and make your food. This is back-handed games here. Doing it this way will not only make her seem thoughtless to your hubby and family, it'll put her in her place, and you never once insulted her. Any anger she hauls around will only make her look petty. Triple score. These are the games I deal with all the damned time with my MIL. I'm good at them.

mommyhonu
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Quoting Krustybunny:

take advantage of the hormones!!! Seriously! Put her in her place, tell her what you think, and when hubby looks at you funny, BLAME the hormones later, but tell him you only went off cause that stuff is hurtful, and your tolerance level for her crap is low. You'll feel better, and you won't get in too much trouble.

Should she play things that way again, calmly look at the prepared food and say, "Oh... ok. I guess I still need to make my own food." Ten to one, she'll look hurt and may even ask you why you can't eat her crap. Then youtell her remind her of your condition, and tell her what that poo will do to you. Finish with, "It's not healthy for me right now." Then drop it all and make your food. This is back-handed games here. Doing it this way will not only make her seem thoughtless to your hubby and family, it'll put her in her place, and you never once insulted her. Any anger she hauls around will only make her look petty. Triple score. These are the games I deal with all the damned time with my MIL. I'm good at them.

That's pretty good idea I'll have to think about it. She did it again to me last night. She bought pizza the kids were happy with it. DH stayed clear of me cuz I was in such a bad mood. Lol! Poor guy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)