Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH!!! SIL!!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:22 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 303 Total Views

My 6 month old had some blisters on his hands along with a fever so he went to the doctor. I told the doc that my 9 month old niece had hand foot and mouth disease and the doc said it was possible that Ivan had it, but a very mild case. Ivan never got blisters in his mouth. It has been over a week and Ivan doesn't have a fever, no longer has the bumps and has been cleared by the doc for me to open daycare again. If he is at all contagious, it's only through his poop. Well, we were suppose to go to my mil and fil's house for the holiday this coming weekend and my sil (who will be there with her 1 1/2 year old twins) says we can't go! If my other two kids or my daycare kids haven't gotten it, I honestly don't think the twins will. Plus, they aren't going to be anywhere near his poop!! But sil and mil keep saying my dh can go along with the girls, but Ivan and I have to stay away. It's a four hour trip and I am not letting my dh leave me without a vehicle all weekend!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Krustybunny
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2010 at 2:34 AM

I smell a huge load of shit. How is it that DH is immune and not you? I understand being paranoid about the known case in your son, but the shot at you is just stupid. Show up anyway and the first thing you say to her is if the doc  has cleared your son then she can shut the hell up.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on May. 25, 2010 at 9:08 AM

well said above me!@

brani5
by on May. 25, 2010 at 9:14 AM

SIL doesn't like me and neither does her dh. So that's why. It just makes me mad! They haven't even met Ivan yet and we've only seen the twins once! I can understand if he was still very contagious, but I had daycare open during that time and NO ONE caught it!!! My sil's twins are never around other children bc Rachael is afraid they will get sick. Her dh stays home with them so they don't have to attend daycare and I don't know if they even leave the house!

gardenchic
by Group Owner on May. 25, 2010 at 9:16 AM

i feel for you,,, but i WOULD GO ANYWAY,, maybe tell them that you are not going, and just show up, ha ha, if you really want to go, then go, and i hope you have fun,,, family can be rotten, i know all about that, but you deserve to have some happiness, doing daycare is a lot of work, you need to get out! and have some fun!

brani5
by on May. 25, 2010 at 10:26 AM

My mom said we could come visit her instead if we wanted. We have been around her most of the week and shes played with the kids and hasn't gotten it. And she has an autoimmune disease.

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on May. 25, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I would say if your son and you are not welcome to go then the whole family isnt welcome to go. I have told my husband if any members of his family do not want me at anything they do then the kids are not going and he can go alone. It is wrong for them to do that to you especially when your doctor said he is ok and he has been around other kids who have not gotten it. I personally would be happy to not have to go see people who dont like me...or I might just go for the hell of it to annoy the hell out of them. I bet their reaction to seeing you there would be funny.

brani5
by on May. 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Too bad it's a 4 hour car ride! I am still researching it and the Dr. Sears website says that he is no longer contagious after the fever is gone for 24 hours. Well, he was over his fever on the 17th!

gardenchic
by Group Owner on May. 26, 2010 at 9:15 AM

hey,, let us know what you choose to do!

AngelDaisy
by New Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:14 AM

What is your husband saying about all of this? If he doesn't have his heart set 100% on going I would just call the whole thing off. Maybe this is the year for your family to do something that will become a treasured family tradition!!

brani5
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I think it bothers me bc I really want to go! There is some shopping in that area that I am itching to do. lol! I went to the store today and the pediatrician was in line behind me. I asked her professional opinion and she told me Ivan is fine that he was only contagious while he had the fever! I might just call my mil tonight and see what she says to that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)