Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MRI results...edit...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:22 PM
  • 33 Replies
  • 475 Total Views

I have a small tear in the left side of my right knee. They asked what I had done and I have never done anything to hurt my right knee. I have to go to a orthopedic and have it checked out and have them tell me what I can do to fix it. I just hope it isnto going to be too expensive to go to that doctor. Now I know why it has been bothering me for a while now.

I called the orthopedic doctor this morning and I have an appointment today at 1:40 I have to get a copy of the x-ray and MRI to bring with me to the appointment. At 9 am I can call the urgent care place and have them get them ready so I can pick them up on the way to the orthopedic doctor.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:28 AM

well i hope you get this fixed up,, so you have to pay for this out of your pocket? you have no coverage? i hope it is not too costly,, very very expensive here! are you in pain, does it ache?

MIL 
support

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I believe my health insurance covers it. I am not in a lot of pain but it is more of an anonoying thing..it hurts some here and there and I kinda knew the problem was on the left side of the knee cause that is where most of the pain was coming from when it does hurt. right now it is not really bothering me but when I start to drive it bothers me.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:12 PM

well i hope you get it fixed up!

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:20 PM

I got to leave in a little bit to go and pick up the stuff from the urgent care place and then head to the orthopedic office. I just hope they do have the xray and mri things ready for when I pick them up cause I called them at about 9am when they opened and I told them I would be by around 1:20 so that would give me 20 mins to get to my appointment at the orthpedics office which is 5 mins away from the urgent care place. My mil is even watching gabriella for me again today so I dont have to have gabriella during the appointments cause I know how boring they can be to have to wait and I am sure it is worse for kids

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM

thinking of you, hope all is good,

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Apr. 14, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I went and talked to the orthopedic doctor and he looked at the x-ray and mri thing I brought and read the report the other doctor wrote and he said the way the tear is it is horizontal and the caetilage on teh right side of the right knee is odd shaped but it was that way when I was born and the tear the only way to fix it is sugery..and if I dont have the sugery it will never get better due to not much blood flow in that area. If I dont get the surgery I will keep having the issues with the knee.  I told him I would think about the surgery and get back to him..I want to talk to my husband about it and tell him what happened at the appointment

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I am mad at the urgent care place..before I went ahead a made the appointment for the MRI I asked them if the insurance company will cover it and they said yes that is all set and today I get a letter from the insurance company saying they denied the claim due to it not being medically neccisary..so my husband is going to call the insurance company and talk to them tomorrow and if I get a bill from the urgent care place I am calling them up and I am going to let them know how mad I am about this and being lied to. My husband evenn d me if the insurancompany approved it and I said I asked them and they said it was all taken care of. He is not very happy about this. I said to my husband how is the MRI not medically needed If I had not had the MRI done they wouldnt have found the tear. 

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM

well that SUCKS!!!,, if it is going to affect the rest of your life, and your movement,, then it should be IMPORTANT, right?? well let me know what happens, that does not seem right!

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Apr. 15, 2011 at 10:38 AM
I don't understnd why they would say it is not needed..my husband will be taking care of the insurance company today and I told him to let me know how that goes..I hope the urgent care place just went ahead with the mri appiontment even tho they knew it was not approved just for the money cause if that's the case I will not be using them again unless I really have to for the kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 15, 2011 at 10:59 AM

that just does not make sense at all!!!!!! DUMB!

GardenChic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)