Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its a holiday long weekend here

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:21 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 181 Total Views

no work or school on MONDAY,,, and yesterday and today are so hot out, i hope to jump in the pool, even tho that is cold, selena stayed the night at mother in laws doing work,, i have to go get her soon, i just bought a mini watermelon,, i hope it is good!, have not had one in ages!

GardenChic

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on May. 21, 2011 at 5:22 PM
I am tired...we had a busy day. We missed the bruins game cause we were outside doing gardening. I got up at 8am got ready for soccer this morning and soccer was at 9:30 until 11:00. On the way home we saw a farmers market around the corner from our house so we went home and walked to the farmers market. The kids got a pony ride and I bought some tomato and pepper plants for the garden, we rented a tiller to get the garden ready. My husband tilled the garden and I ran to the little hardware store to get some plastic for the garden and they had the stuff I wanted. Got home and helped finish tilling the garden and then we put the plastic on the garden, I planted the stuff..I planted roma tomatoes 6 plants, 6 bell pepper, I planted 2 mounds of cucumebers 4 plants per mound. White and yellow corn..I think I planted 15 to 20, red corn I think about the same amount. I did sweet peas and I did a tripod thing for the pea plants to grow up and I did 6 plants per tripod. I did radishs and carrots as well. I am tired..when I was walking to pick up stuff to put away I stepped in a dip with my bad leg and my knee kinda got bent the wrong way so my knee is hurting me. I am relaxing now..we put some bets in for the preakness race and hope our horses come in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on May. 21, 2011 at 5:28 PM
I was also gonna add I am sunburned pretty good...I put my aloe gel to use...=)

Quoting robsgurl_23:

I am tired...we had a busy day. We missed the bruins game cause we were outside doing gardening. I got up at 8am got ready for soccer this morning and soccer was at 9:30 until 11:00. On the way home we saw a farmers market around the corner from our house so we went home and walked to the farmers market. The kids got a pony ride and I bought some tomato and pepper plants for the garden, we rented a tiller to get the garden ready. My husband tilled the garden and I ran to the little hardware store to get some plastic for the garden and they had the stuff I wanted. Got home and helped finish tilling the garden and then we put the plastic on the garden, I planted the stuff..I planted roma tomatoes 6 plants, 6 bell pepper, I planted 2 mounds of cucumebers 4 plants per mound. White and yellow corn..I think I planted 15 to 20, red corn I think about the same amount. I did sweet peas and I did a tripod thing for the pea plants to grow up and I did 6 plants per tripod. I did radishs and carrots as well. I am tired..when I was walking to pick up stuff to put away I stepped in a dip with my bad leg and my knee kinda got bent the wrong way so my knee is hurting me. I am relaxing now..we put some bets in for the preakness race and hope our horses come in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on May. 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Yup my knee is hurting tonight..I will probably be using my heating pad tonight and have my leg on my extra pillow while I sleep until I kick the pillow off the bed while I am sleeping..=)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardenchic
by Group Owner on May. 22, 2011 at 6:32 AM

unds like our day,, they had annuals on sale for 99 cents, so we spent 100 just on some of them,,we platned and were outside all day, my back is kinda red but not as bas as my bum was, i wore a sundresss all day and even planted in it, it wa nice and light and airy,,,, hubby kept saying he was done and had enough cause he was in pain, but still came back for more, i went in the hot tub after with a glass of wine, he said it was too out outside so he did not go in, right now it is raining, but to clear later, we bbqed steak with bacon wrapped mashed potatoes and broccoli, not sure what we will do today,,, may get some summer clothes ,, we did get a lot done,, it was worth it, i am a bit tenerd today but good!,, hope you wake up okay as well!

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on May. 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM
My legs are sore from yesterday. Not sure what our plans are for today but hope not much...=)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardenchic
by Group Owner on May. 23, 2011 at 7:23 AM

i was so sore too, i chilled more yesterday because of it,, i still planted a few things bu not much,, hope to go to the green house today to buy some more, hubby is looking for bidens or similar,, long hanging things for the hanging baskets,,,,we got thunderstorms due to the hunidex last night, it is to be the same today!

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on May. 23, 2011 at 8:47 AM

compared to this week end it is cool today....it is 56 right now and it was high 70s mid 80 over the week end

gardenchic
by Group Owner on May. 24, 2011 at 5:54 AM

yesterday poured heavy rains all day,,, it was terrible, some of my pots are so full of water, we had to bring them in last night, and right now, it is pouring too, we got 4 inches at least!,,,, today a cold front is going through,,,we went to green houses,,, got selena and us some summer clothes,, we got a huge outdoor clock that shows humidity, time and other neat stuff, we always ask each other, what time is it?? well this is huge, i should take a pic of it, love it!

GardenChic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)