Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I FEEL LIKE THROWING MY CAT IN THE POOL!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

HE is making me SO SO MAD!,,, EVER SINCE THE TIME CHANGE,,, he has been waking up at 2 or 3 am,,, he goes over to our mirror closet doors, he paws it up and down like crazy and meows,,, then hubby gets mad and shuts him out the door,then he paws our door and meows,,, then he goes into the bathroom, he jumps into the bath tub and knocks everything all down, why is he doing this???????? , i think it is because i cannot walk him every day outside now cause of the weather,, he does get so so much love, i spend a lot of time with him in the days,,,,, i hope he stops this soon, my eyes are blood shot, i came down at 2am,,,, and have to stay up all day now, between that and hubby snoring,,,,

GardenChic

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I love when cats act up...mine will randomly just start running around and jumping in the chairs..in  the morning I wake up and I have ot straighten on the rug in one room that got pushed around from the cat running around, 2 chairs have to be moved back to where they go cause the cat jumps in them and the chairs get moved around...=) I tell my cat she is a crazy cat...lol

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:20 AM

now of course, he is sleeping,,, i remember one time when he kept us up all night when he was little, so the next day my hubby kept waking the cat up every single time he tried to nap, poor kitty, revenge was sweet for hubby,, i am forcing myself to go for my fast walk now, it is kinda raining,and today is heavy flyer day too, sigh,

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Have you thought of having hubby checked out for sleep disorder? The snoring especially if loud of a sleep disorder? The reason I say some thing about the sleep disorder is that Ron snores too. We had him checked because he moves in his sleep so much. Come to find out even though he was breathing it was so shallow it was like he had quit breathing in his sleep. So his body would move to make him breath. They gave him a machine he sleeps with a mask on every night. It muffles the snoring.:) I get to sleep a lot better and so does he.

The cat on the other hand is a different problem hopefully soon it will get use to the time change.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:18 AM

yep,,, it runs in the family,,,, they all snore, and they all have separate bedrooms BUT US,, ha ha,,, my dad wears the mask, and it does help him!

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I think I would tell hubby to do get checked out by a sleep study doctor to see if he needs a machine. Sleep apnea runs in families. My SIL is one of the worst cases they had ever seen had even stopped the study in the middle of it to hook her up to the machine. She stopped breathing over 200 times a hour, and don't use her machine. She tells us she can't get use to it.

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM

my husbadn snores sometimes but only if he sleeps on his back..I just nudge him and tell him he is snoring...=)

VeganEcoMama
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Oh man I feel ya on the cats! We have 3 and they've been especially cranky. First we had to not allow them to sleep with us anymore to get them used to when the baby comes and that sucked for everyone, I miss them in here at night! Then I had the baby and they all got jealous and meowed a ton. I'm trying to spend as much time with them as possible. Then my super skiddish boy developed a uti because he's stressed about the baby :( and now they eat way more than they used to and meow and try to trip you in the morning. On top of all of that our girl cat will meow at the door for an hour or two sometimes and they all fight like crazy in the morning but then cuddle in the afternoon. Poor babies, it's all a ton for them to deal with! Hopefully that time change will catch
up with your kitty soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 14, 2011 at 5:06 AM

Quoting VeganEcoMama:

Oh man I feel ya on the cats! We have 3 and they've been especially cranky. First we had to not allow them to sleep with us anymore to get them used to when the baby comes and that sucked for everyone, I miss them in here at night! Then I had the baby and they all got jealous and meowed a ton. I'm trying to spend as much time with them as possible. Then my super skiddish boy developed a uti because he's stressed about the baby :( and now they eat way more than they used to and meow and try to trip you in the morning. On top of all of that our girl cat will meow at the door for an hour or two sometimes and they all fight like crazy in the morning but then cuddle in the afternoon. Poor babies, it's all a ton for them to deal with! Hopefully that time change will catch
up with your kitty soon!

and i know how you feel!, it is so difficult after you have a baby with animals,,mine very so sucky after both my kids,,,,, and it really is hard to juggle back and forth and try to give everyone the love they deserve!, I hope you got on a schedule and things got better!

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Nov. 14, 2011 at 9:11 AM

the only problem I have seen with cats when I was living with my parents was when I was pregnant with my oldest and we had all the baby stuff set up and ready to go, one cat my parents had he would jump in the crib and sleep in it and get on all the baby stuff..my dad got rid of the cat cause he was afraid the cat would jump in the crib with my daughter after she was born adn end up suffocating her. He didnt want that to happen cause he heard about cats jumping in the baby crib and smelling the formula on the baby's breath and suffocating them. I was sad to see that cat go cause he was a really good cat. he was a tan colored maine coon cat.  This is what color he was

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 14, 2011 at 9:41 AM

that cat is so cute!!!!!, i have heard that cats jump up and sleep in the crib,, that is freaky,, i shut the doors when mine slept,, but i did not give away any of my animals, like i know some people did,

GardenChic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)