Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i started a new med

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:21 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 324 Total Views

Last Friday when I went to the neurologist I told him we had to do some thing for the pain. My stomach was not able to handle me taking the pain meds. We have tried all kinds of them I'm allergic to them or I can't keep them down. Do to the ulcers I can't take the over the counter meds. I ask him if we can't by pas the stomach all together. He put me on a very low dose pain patch. The pharmacy had to order them in yesterday they called they got it in. We went and got it and I put one on. After 2 hours I felt better it was like some one pull back a curtains. I was not exhausted and the fog my brain has been in was gone, my stomach witch was up set do to the pain claimed down.We had gotten our hair cut earlier in the day I got a hair wash this all was puts me in a lot of pain. I'm not one who will take meds if I know they are addictive but I could not take the pain any more. At this point I'm glade I put the patch on.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:14 PM

that is great that you got something that is really helping

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:52 AM

if you have to do it then you have to do it, you cannot be in pain,,, mother in law is on pain patch, and it works,,, so i hope you get to feeling much bettter!

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:35 AM

The patch has helped with the pain, that's good.  How ever this side affect of vomiting has to go. I'm hoping after a few days it will go away.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 28, 2011 at 8:45 AM

are you feeling better??   mil had the vomiting too,,, they said it was because she was not eating enough,,, so it would upset her stomach,,,, but she said she just felt sick and did not want to eat, and i know what she means,,, it is a awful feeling, i hope your better today!

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I had to go to the ER so get treated for dehydration, and to stop the vomiting.I still have the patch on and they gave me some thing to stop the vomiting.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 28, 2011 at 1:08 PM

i hope you feel better soon!

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Thank you. I'm going to try to eat more and see if it will help.I'm all so taking the pills they gave to help with it. I'm able to keep water down today and I just ate lunch so hopefully this will all help. I am on a round of antibiotics for a urinary track infection they found last night too.lol

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 28, 2011 at 4:02 PM

wow!, you got a lot going on,, but it does sound like you are getting a bit better!

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Yes I do have a lot going on. I found a family doctor I think. You have to apply to be a patient there, hubby goes to him already so they should take me as a patient. I should know in the next day or two. This will be helpful.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 29, 2011 at 6:08 AM

oh i hope that happens for you, it is bad here, i think it was mil that got us one here, when i came here with my son,,,,, i had to have a doctor, he had severe asthma as a child, it has mostly gone now, but we spent a lot of time in the er,,,, so she got us in fast to hers, they never turn down children,,, now we are rarely there,,, they are both pretty healthy,,,,,,

GardenChic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)