Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow AAA

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 657 Total Views
I am not impressed with AAA right now. This morning we had to put air in my car tires and my husband lost one of the caps for one of the tires. So we go to the mall and gabriella throws a huge fit cause she wants a toy and I tell her no not today. My husband goes to sears and get a cap for tire and I am left trying to get gabriella to go so we can leave the mall and I get her walking a little and she hits me or runs at me and goes head first into my back. I would calmly tell her to stop doing that, stop hitting me so we finally get to the last store we walk through to get out of the mall and gabriella sees the final door and she hit me again and I yelled at her that time to stop hitting me and all these people are looking at me like I am a bad person cause I yelled at gabriella. We get out to the car and gabriella refused to get in the car and it is freezing out and windy. She finally gets in the car and won't put her legs down so I can buckle her. I finally get her buckled and get in the car and my husband makes it out and goes to put the cap on the car and something happened and all the air came out of the tire..here's where the AAA vent comes...we are told they will be here between 2:49 to 3:15...so at 3:16 my husband calls and asks them where they are and the women on the end says she will check and the she comes back on and says well the expected time you were given was 4:16...my husband said no that is not what I was told...but she checks again and says yes that is the time. He said whatever. So now we get to sit here in the mall parking lot and wait for them to get here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM
At about 4:30 the AAA shows up. He puts air in the tire and the air won't stay. He looks at it and the valve is gone. He decides its best if we put the donut on. He takes the tire off and finds the valve. He puts the spare on. We drive to the nearest car place which is sears auto place. They can't help use cause the tires that my car needs is ones with sensors and they don't have the sensor valves in stock. They won put a regular full size tire cause it is against the law and sears auto center can get in trouble. So we drive to my husbands aunts house and all they can say is crap like why were you messing around and we should be fine driving home on a spare and they did it for a month. My husband said yeah but we have to drive 180 miles and they say so. So my husband asks me should we drive home or what. I told him he can decide after hearing him yell and making me feel like it is my fault and my husband being an ass and saying everyone wants him to fail and no one wants me to get ahead and stuff like that. I told him I don't want him to fail and he just kept going on and on. I told him that I have been nothing but 100% supportive of him going to law school and dealing with him gone 3 nights a week and he thinks I want him to fail now. I understand is sucks that this is happening and he is mad and frustrated this is happening. Why do men have to take it all out on their family. I would tell him to go take it out on the wall but I don't need him with a broken hand cause a ER visit cost money...=)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:44 PM

we finally made it home. I am happy to be home. we had to drive 50 to 55 all the way home on the highway. It is really cold out and it would have sucked being stuck out in the cold if the donut tire didnt last. Tomorrow my husband is calling the dealership we bought the car from and having them fix it since it is still under warrety. My husband is going to give them an earful. The amoutn of miles on the car the tire shoudnt have gone bad already..there is a little over 6000 miles and we have had the car for 9 months. I am going to also make sure the dealership checks all the tires and makes sure that the others are not defective. 

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:26 AM

oh what a horrible time you went  through!, i hope you got to sit with a coller drink after that!!!,,, and do tell us what happened when you took the car in!!,,  nothing like the sight of home after all that!!,,, i hate being on the road period!, you should see me rant and rave even when it is snowing!!!, oh i am bad!!, did hubby apologize>> under pressure and stressed out and worried about it all, i would be too and so would hubby but they must get,,, THAT WE ARE THERE FOR THEM THRU THICK AND THIN??? well me and hubs had a little rant ourselves, i shall tell u more,,,, hope all is better for u now!,

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM
He didn't really apologize but I know he felt better when we got home and now he will be calling up the dealership and seeing if they can look at the tire today...so I have to get ready so I can bring it if they can take us today. I hope so cause I don't want to drive too much more on that spare. I read that 100 miles is the limit for them and we drove about 175 to 180 miles on it so we were lucky the spare didn't blow. I should ask them if a new spare is needed now due to how long we drove on that spare. I can't wait to hear what my husband is going to say to the car people...=) I don't want to blame the dealership since they didn't put the tire on the car the factory did but we can't call the factory since it is over in japan I think...=)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM

i do not like to drive on a spare period, i remember one time, hubby put the spare on, and it was in our driveway, he was waiting for the tire place to fix my tire, and he said go ahead and drive it if u need it, and i said no way, i will walk, that just makes me nervous! i hope you get it all fixed up!

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM

they are going to fix the tire today and put it on tomorrow and my husband set the appointment for 1:30 tomorrow and I said I cant do it at that time cause they take a while and I dont want to miss being hom to get the kids off the bus so I have to try to reschedule the appointment to put the tire back on the car. 

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM

i hope u can change it, will you have to pay, is it covered? how much would that be?

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM

they didnt tell us if it was covered or not or if it was part of the warrenty. They said they would have to look at it. we told them it is not from wear and tear cause the car only has about 6000 miles on it and a tire shouldnt do that with that many miles on it. They just said they have to look at it. If it is not covered it is going cost over $100 just to get the tire fixed. That wont be nice...but I guess the money we get for my mils car will help pay for it then since we will be selling that soon as soon as the people come to look at the car. We have a guy who has a auto place 2 buildings down from us who is selling it for us. That guy is suppose to come get the car today. 

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM

well i hope u do not have to pay a cent!

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I dont think we should have to since the tire is not old and we dont go crazy with the car, we are easy with the car. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)