Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am thinking of getting myself a..

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 188 Total Views

ankle stabalizer..and myh reason being after spraining my ankle and hyperextending my ankles a bunch of times. I have been looking and I see a good amount of good reviews about this one http://www.amazon.com/ASO-Ankle-Stabilizing-Orthosis-Medium/dp/B000TGUN7A/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_img_b I asked my husband if he woudl be opposed to buying me one and he said he would get me onw. I have an appointment to see my doctor in 2 weeks and I am going to ask her about what she recomends..but I am thinking that one might be a god one. Today when I was out at the store I was walking to my car and I stepped down a certain way and it hurt my ankle....it seems like I tend to be able to hurt my ankle very easy now since the first time I hyper extended my ankle. It is hard to explain what it feels like. my right ankle is worse then my left one. It is my left knee I keep hurting as well..but nothing will help that cause I usually bump it like the other day I was getting out of my car and I brought my knee up and I banged it under my stering wheel...I am a danger to myself...lol but I think the ankle stabalizer would be a really good thing for me.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:23 AM

i think it would help a lot,, they do say that once you injure yourself, you are never the same and i always wondered if that is true,, when hubby hurt himself, he said it will never heal back, he is always achey, he said the same thing, the feeling is hard to explain,,, so you should see what your doc says about it,

GardenChic

Naiia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:22 AM

I have something like that it is the same design just different company and mine looks like it is a thicker material. But I broke/torn/dislocate/fractured ligments and tendons and bones in my left foot in 2009 I think it was and it has problems still because the hospital that I went to decided that there was nothing wrong and didnt want to do anything and then I was like yeah okay and found out I was right I really screwed up my foot but it was already to late it healed wrongly and nothing can be done so I have that what it acts up. I can't wear certian shoes especailly high heels it hurts so bad. But yeah the one I have is so great I would suggest one if your have problems like yours it will help.

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM
What really started the ankle problems in my right ankle was I had a chip fracture when I was about 13 from me turning and trying to run in sandles and I fell and hear me ankle crack. I was in a cast for a while. Then the left ankle I hyperextened it back in 07 and the very next day I did it again on the same ankle and my ankles are just not the same. I found 2 nice braces but I will wait to talk to my doctor next Monday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM

i wonder if it has anything to do with your age when it first happened to you,, weird

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I have more problems with my left ankle and I have never really done anything exceot hyperextend it. I remember the first time I did that to my left ankle..I was about 14 or 15 I was stepping off a step and I steped down wrong. I sprained my ankle then. I forgot about that time. I was staying at my nanas campground for the summer working on the campground. I will have to ask my doctor about that and see what she says. So my left ankle the problems starts at about the age of 14 ir 15 and my right ankle it was when I was about 13.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)