Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ham or turkey or other for easter?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:18 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 202 Total Views

GardenChic

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:21 AM

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I am making a beef roast..I normally make ham.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM

yummy, i got my turkey out of the deep freezer,,, not sure if i am doing a ham yet or not!

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM

We did turkey cooked on the grill!! It was grate. We had his family over and ran out of alot of foods. I had very few left overs. We only cooked a 12 pound turkey and there was hardly any left. The stuffing was gone as was the bannana pudding. I had cooked all the favrets from my family's holliday get to gether, and they got killed with his family. We had a get together the Sunday before Easter for Grammie's 87 B-day. my MIL could not make it she had to work. WE ask then what everyone was doing for Easter no one had any thing going so I told them lets do Easter here next week. I had them askin gwhat I wanted them to bring so I had them bring the deviled eggs and the mac salid. After my MIL lurned we was having Easter she ask what I wanted her to bring I listed off what we was having. I told her to bring rolls. She offered to bring the green bean casaroll. Then ask if I still had the big can on beans in the bastment. I told her not to bother I would make it. lol

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Quoting bettyboop3917:

We did turkey cooked on the grill!! It was grate. We had his family over and ran out of alot of foods. I had very few left overs. We only cooked a 12 pound turkey and there was hardly any left. The stuffing was gone as was the bannana pudding. I had cooked all the favrets from my family's holliday get to gether, and they got killed with his family. We had a get together the Sunday before Easter for Grammie's 87 B-day. my MIL could not make it she had to work. WE ask then what everyone was doing for Easter no one had any thing going so I told them lets do Easter here next week. I had them askin gwhat I wanted them to bring so I had them bring the deviled eggs and the mac salid. After my MIL lurned we was having Easter she ask what I wanted her to bring I listed off what we was having. I told her to bring rolls. She offered to bring the green bean casaroll. Then ask if I still had the big can on beans in the bastment. I told her not to bother I would make it. lol

i have never ever done a turkey on the grill, i have done many a chicken, but never a turkey, people keep telling us that it tastes so dried out?, is there a special way to do it? happy belated to GRAMMIE!

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM

It was a whole truckey and was very juesy. It took 2 and a half hours I put a drip pan under it and had it on a roasting rack. You have to turn it and not check the intrurnal temp till it's about time for it to be done. I used garlic and hurb soup as a dry rub under the skin I had put on the day before. then put it in a bag till you it goes on the grill. I made extra drippings up the day before to to bast the turkey with. I had home made chicken broth in the freezer I took the giblets and tail and nck and tips from the truckey wings off and put them in the chiecken stock and put in an envelop of the garlic and hurb soup tossing in the ends of the celery and a hand full of baby carrets it was grate. I would use this in the gravy and in the stuffing

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I might have to try to grill a turkey one time...=) I bet it taste really good.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:38 AM

OH MY!, you are making my mouth water, that sounds so so good!

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM

It was very good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)