Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We made it to all 4 doctors appointments yeasterday

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 150 Total Views

I had my monthly doctors appointment at 11 got some shots in the neck to stop the migraine that I had been trying to get for 2 days.  I was so happy to see that needle it meant releaf was on the way. Then Ron had an appointment at 1:30 and grammie at 2:15. He dropped me and grammie off and went to his. We had to have grammie's chest x-rays done in the same building. We got them done and before we got in to see the doctor Ron made it back. Grammie got the good to go from her lung doctor. On the way to the next doctors appointment we grabbed some Mc D's to go. We made it to Grammie's doctor on time. He was very pleased at how well she was doing! She has lost 16 pounds in 3 months do to heather eating habits and less sweets in the house. Some thing my MIL always had to have in the house. With both being diabetics they don't need a lot of. With going to the store for the food I have control over what I'm cooking. Grammie is only 5'1 and was at 154 pounds. Now down to 140 this will help her breathing too plus is it helps with the diabetes. I do fix sweets to eat but they are from scratch and healthier made. Hubby has lost wait too he's down 20 pounds. I am trying like hell to gain some LOL I had lost too much wait over the winter and was down to 103 from 116. Stress and pain not a good combo. I am up to 109 this is a good thing. Now back to Grammie while at the family doctor I ask what we can do about the bruises and bed sores from her bed and she ripes her skin on the bed. He told me this was part of the ageing process but he did come up with ways to help. We are going out and getting a camping mattress for her bed and a foam over lay. The air mattress will be softer to lay on and we can advice it to where there's fewer pressure points. He could not get over how grate she was doing and even ask me what kind of nurses train I had. Non I told him I worked in an animal shellder that is it. Plus I have taken care of 2 terminally ill relatives in there home till they passed. Grammie let him know in no in no certain terms she was stay with us and would never go to a nursing home. Last year he wanted to put here there. That is how we ended up with her and my MIL living with us. The doctor told her he thought she was getting grate care and even better then she would get in a home so she is staying. Grammie and I talked the other day she is afraid her kids will stick her in a home. My MIL has medical power of attorney over her I told her before that would happen I would have her sign it over to Ron or me. She is not going to no nursing home she has a home! If my MIL would have taken the time to care for grammie last year they would not have been talking nursing home in the first place. It only came up after grammie had been in the hospital for 7 days and then back in 4 days later for 10 days. They seen that in the 4 days at home her bed sore got a lot worst do to my MIL not treating it. My MIL also didn't make sure grammie was taking her med's it was up to Grammie to get her own med's and take them and remember if she did and when. My MIL was too busy to do it she always had some where to be other then home with grammie. Grammie's nerves seem to be a lot better. She don't feel like she is a Berton on me I let her know that she is not. I don't stomp away to do what she needs done or roll my eyes at her or mumble under my breath as I'm walking away or wine how I have to do it all. It's grate not having my MIL here to do this. After she moved out I called her on here mumbling as she walked a way from me. She has not done it again. I don't have to put up with her shit and I''m not going to. 

by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:37 AM

you sure have all been so busy!, it sounds like since mil has left that things are going much better there, and if grammie is getting good care from you, i think that is super,, you really are doing a fabulous job taking care of her,,, BUT do NOT forget about yourself!,, you need to do some things for you,,,,, so please remember that, you need to be healthy and well yourself in order to take care of all around you!,,,

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Rate now there's not much time for me. This should change as she gets better. Last night Grammie was talking in her sleep again I heard it over the moniter wakeing me up many times. Of course I layed ther a wake for a while each time before I could fall back to sleep. She called for me at 2 am to take her to the bathroom. I ended up having to give her a breathing treatment before we went back to bed. It took a long time for me to go back to sleep then. It was a ruff night to say the lest. Hubby not knowing what had happened woke me up at 7:30.  I got up and got grammie to the bathroom and got back to bed for a cat nap at 9 back up 10. hubby is telling me he's tried and needs a nap. Hell I wish I could have slept all night like he did. He did work all week and I'm sure he is beat he just is forgetting that I have not had time off in a while. Oh well it will get better:)

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:41 AM

We got Grammie an air mattress last night. It is one that has a built in air pump. It was is the camping isle at wal mart. They did not have one that was the size of Grammie's bed so we had to go up one size. It sits on her bed frame on the top of her box springs. Her bed is now about 5 inches taller we are going to try removing the wheels from the frame so it's not so high. Rate now she needs a step stool to get in bed.LOL She said it is more comfortable then the other mattress was. Hopefully this helps with the bed sores and brussing and ripped skin.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:35 AM

mil needs a stool to get up in her bed too, those bed sores can get so bad,,, i hope things get better, it is important to get your sleep, i have not slept good since hubby has been sick, oh he snores so bad!,,,

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I feel your pain on snoring hubby! Mine now wears a mask for a c pap machine it's a grate muffler :) We got the wheels off Grammie's bed it lowered it a few inches but she still needs a step stool to get in. We have an appointment with a wound care doctor Friday for the bedsores. We have to take her for blood work Friday too. Her family doc didn't like some of the numbers from her last blood work. The lung doctor was not worried about the numbers he thought that the one med she is on is part of why some of the numbers are high then some of the other numbers are high or low from being sick.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:24 AM

i hope all goes well on friday, do you have to travel far to these appts? or are they close to you?

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

The for the most part the doctors are close. The wound doctor is only blocks a way from us.:) Grammie does have a few that are on the other side of town but that's not to bad. I'm glade it's not hours a way from us.

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I like having doctors close by..mine is about a 10 to 15 min drive and the kids is about 15 to 20 min drive depending on the traffic and the areas our doctors are I hate those areas cause they can be bad and have been a few shootings in those area since we have lived here. Also mine and the kids dentist we have to drive therough that area as well. The urgent care we have to travle to the little city near us and it is not that far about 15 mins on the highway. Yesterday when I went to urgent care the highway was busy adn I get nervous when I have to get over for my exit cause peopel around here are not nice and refuse to let anyone over. I try to get over way before my exit cause I dont want to miss it.

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Idon't like having to go to the ruffer area's around here so I get you there. lucky for me non of the doctor's are in them area's. I'm shocked your doctots has not moved yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)