Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wait loss

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 132 Total Views

In the last 2 or 3 months Grammie has lost 12 to 15 pounds and my hubby has lost 20 to 25 pounds. This had us scratching our heads we still was eating good and not been exercising so why was we losing wait? I have been cooking almost every thing from scratch. Even making up my own spices. This came after I ran out of taco seasoning and could not run to the store and had the meat cooking. I read the ingredients in it one of the higher on the list was sugar. lol I went to the inter net and found a recipe to make it. Sugar free of course. With Grammie being diabetic and on a low salt diet it works better for us for me to make every thing from scratch. How ever I must say if I worked full time there's no way I could do this. With me canning stuff and now using it to cook with it is making us more healthier. I also started to make my own home made laundry soap. This is because I can't see spending the money they what for tide or gain. It cost me less then 10$ to make my soap for the next 4 to 6 months.

I have been cooking things like from scratch raviolis and cakes and pastry's. Yes we still lost wait doing so. When I am making a sweet treat I taste it as I'm adding the sugar I also look for recipe with lower sugar content. If it taste good with half the sugar then the recipe calls for I don't add any more to it. You don't have to follow a recipe exactly as it is wrote. You can add more or less of any ingredient to make it to your taste. I have made home made cream horns this I'm still working on. I trouble I have is that with me canning a lot of stuff is it I'm making up a recipe it don't convert over easy. Like this apple cake I made I made it using home made apple pie filling a quart jar. Then added in the rest of the ingredients. I was so good and I didn't have to add any more sugar to it then was in my pie filling. Every one loved it and it was low sugar they just didn't know it.

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
stickyfingers
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
sounds great. you can also get some really great lower fat and suger recipres from hungry girl.com. there are some great ideas there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

thanks for that site,,i love home made over anything,, it is nice to see people appreciate home made cooking! a lot of people cannot be bothered to do any cooking,,,,that is odd that you are all losing weight,,must be that good home cooking, ha

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jun. 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I like adding less suagr to things....I even do that when I buy the kids kool aid. I get the sugar free stuff and add less sugar then what it says to add. Great job on the weight loss...I am trying to get back in track with my full work out routine and losng more weight. I told my husband I still have about 34 pounds to lose and he looked at me as if to say what are you talking about...lol I said yup I do have that much more to lose...=)

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Thanks for the site!! I will be checking it out. The strange thing is that we was not trying to lose it. It took some thinking to get to the botton as to why we was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)