Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 108 Total Views

how will you spend the day? well hubby wanted a bacon and tomato sandwich for brekkie, so i made him one but i stuck to my oatmeal,,,, we opened cards and goodies from my daughter,, my son is at work at gets off at 12, then we open his gifts,,, we all went for a cycle ride,,,hubby wants to do a sirloin tip roast on the bbq, with potatoes, onions, garlic and my fresh herbs on bbq too,,, so that should be yummy later on, and smell good, dark and cloudy but still hot and we are getting rains and thunder and lightning on and off,so we have to go by the weather today! hope you all enjoy the day!

GardenChic

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:12 AM

yesterday i gave hubby a  mud facial, HILARIOUS!, i took pics of him,,, but will not get them up for a bit, the weather is way too hot and we are outside,,,then i gave him a peppermint foot soak too, oh he was spoiled,, we went to mils house to check it, i got a pile of pale pink peonies and put them in a vase here,,,, and i got some of her roses too,, her lawn is long but it was too wet to cut it, so that will be next weeks hard exercise  day!, hope those fathers had FUN!

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM

yesterday we woke up and were getting breakfast and Zoey gave my husband this father's day coupon book she made at school. Then I thought about going to the mall and having the kids pick out a gift for their father. So I asked my husbadn you want to go to the mall and he said yeah. The mall didnt open til 11 so we had plently of time to get ready. We went to the mall and my husband had to go to sears to exchanged something he had for a tool that wasnt the right size and he got the right size this time. As he was waiting to exchange the item I told him I was going to take the kids to Kmart and he could meet us there. Then we went to Kmart and we walked around the store I grabbed a few things I needed and I asked the kids look around and see if there is anything you want to get daddy for fathers day. We looked  and decided the kids didnt see anything they wanted to get their father so we were getting ready to pay for some stuff I have gotten my hsuband comes and he sayd he wanted to go check out the grills. He wanted a cheap grill that was about $100. So I walk over with him and I see the weber grill the one you tail gate with (I posted about it in another of my posts) I point it out to him and he looks at the one on display and I looked down and saw the one in the box and I said look there is one in the box and he smiled like a kid would when they see a toy they really want. I said you want it. He grnned at me and said yes and I said Happy Fathers Day..he said are you sure and I said yes get it. He went to get a cart and he picked it up. It was funny watching him. He looked like a kid that just got a toy they had been wanting for a while. I figuered why not let him get it after what his family ( beside his sister) had been puting him through and graduation and passing the bar and everything he deserved something nice that he has been wanting for a while. So now we have a big charcoal grill and a little protable tailgating grill. We figured if we just wanted burgers and hotdogs the little grill would be good. If we want steak or something like that we will use charcoal. I wish I would have gotten a picture of my husbands face when I said get the grill...=)

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM

i wish i had of seen a pic of him like that too, i love to see when they get all excited like that, so funny!

GardenChic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)